RFE on I-140 - EB2

I just checked my online status - RFE was mailed today. EAC-03-164-5****

Will post details after I receive - I am guessing my application for EAD might have triggered it.

Chandler, Any updates? I called my lawyer and he asked me to call the BCIS customer service no. The call wait time is 30 minutes and more :-(

gcwaiter_74 dude:

I am just about to ask you the same question. God damn it !!!!
It has been 2 weeks after 140 RFE issued. My attorney still have not got any thing yet. I will wait till todays mail get in. ...

I am planning to call them tomorrow. please keep me posted.

Chandler

Chandler,

The service center provides information to only petitioner or the attorney and not to the beneficiary. I have to ask my attorney to initiate a query.
Is it possible that the RFE goes to the company directly? Did you check on that possibility?

hard times...am totally lost :-(

gcwaiter_74

have you call INS yet? Did they tell you "The service center provides information to only petitioner or the attorney and not to the beneficiary." and thus refuse to answer any of your questions?

I really don't know if anybody in the my attorney's firm would spend over 30 minutes to call INS. Last week the front desk of my attorney mentioned to me that they may send a inquiry letter to INS regarding to my issue which sounds absolutely ridiculous to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My options are

1. I call INS and find out what's going on myself.
2. if INS refuse to answer my question, then I may have to drive to my attorney's firm and call INS from my attorney's office which is 1 hour drive from my office.

if you called INS and they refuse to answer your question, please let me know so I will go option 2 directly.

Thanks

Chandler

gcwaiter_74

I just talked with my HR's director and she didn't mention 140FRE to me so I don't think she has received anything recently from INS.

Chandler

I just received the RFE information from my attorney. Looks like
The labor cert was for a bachelor's degree while we filed it as requiring a Masters. Is it going to be a big problem. Is somebody have similar situation before. Can somebody help me on this.

Chandler,

I called INS twice today. The 1st rep told me that she will not give any information to me unless the attorney or petitioner called.
The 2nd rep was more helpful at least in listening to me and asked me to wait for 30 days until filing an inquiry!!! I am sure she dosent understand our agony.
She said once an inquiry is filed, it can take upto 30 days to get the RFE back.
BTW, did your office address change after filing your 140?

K_P_K,

I did not understand your question. Does the labor cert require a master's degree while you have only a Bachelor's degree? Did you have 5 yrs of experience before filing your labor certification?

K_P_K,

I think its possible to file an amendment requesting the case be processed under EB3. Check with your lawyer on the possibility of this. Please update us once you hear back from your lawyer

gcwaiter_74

>>>>>The 2nd rep was more helpful at least in listening to me and asked me to wait for 30 days until filing an inquiry!!! I am sure she dosent understand our agony.She said once an inquiry is filed, it can take upto 30 days to get the RFE back.

When INS say "file an inquiry", does that mean attorney has to actually write a letter regarding to this issue?

BTW, my company has not changed address after I submited 140.

Chandler

The website indicates RFE was issued on March 03 2004. Neither my company nor the company lawyer have received the I-140 RFe notice..... What can one do at this time... INS generally gives only 90 days to reply to RFE and 45 days are already gone without RFE notice in hand....

What are my options??????

lostRFE,

45 days is a long time to wait for an RFE. For me, it has been 14 days and I am already nuts.
You should have your attorney call INS requesting the RFE again.

Between, did your company change address after your 140 filing?There is a chance that the RFE has been sent to your company and may have not been forwarded if the address has changed.

gcwaiter_74,

I know 45 days is a loooooong time... Its killing me.....

No address change for company/lawyer......

Laywer wants to wait for 60 days before callling BCIS... I called and CSR is not willing to resend the RFE notice... only lawyer/company can request this...

I am screwed....

LostRFE,

I think its risky to wait until 60 days since they give only 90 days to respond to a RFE. As per my conversation with a CSR, she told me that it may take around 30 days to resend the RFE once the request is placed.

Chandler,

Any updates? I am in no mood to do any work today :-(

Originally posted by gcwaiter_74
LostRFE,

I think its risky to wait until 60 days since they give only 90 days to respond to a RFE. As per my conversation with a CSR, she told me that it may take around 30 days to resend the RFE once the request is placed.

Chandler,

Any updates? I am in no mood to do any work today :-(

Just spoke with the BCIS Rep, for my I765 and she has put in inquiry for all my 3 cases ..I140, I485 and I765, stating that I shoudl get a written response in 3 weeks. Hoping for the best...:eek:

Originally posted by gcwaiter_74
atulh,

How did you manage to open an inquiry for 140? Have they issued an RFE which you havent received yet?

Here are details :

I140 RD 06/08/2002
I1485 RD 12/01/2002
1st EAD AD 02/03/2003
FP Done 03/04/2003
I140 RFE 09/04/2003
I140 Respond 10/29/2003 Stilll waiting for Approval......
2nd EAD RD 01/13/2004 Still waiting more than 100 days

Called bCIS Rep today and told her abot I765 pending and she asked for all the pending cases numbers and open a inquiry for all....