RFE on I-140 - EB2

Re: company size

Originally posted by rajudm
How many people company? If it is a small company (<50) you would get an RFE for ability to pay.

I am waiting for it...we can discuss about it.

Rajudm,

I do not think that it is a hard n fast rule that < 50 would attract an RFE. My I140 got approved without a hitch. I work for a small company too. The companies fianancial health is more important than the # of people employed. My theory though.

Good Luck to you and JRao. Hope you both get approved soon !!

thanks

Thanks, gc_majburi.

Yes, rajudm, you may not get an RFE, U know. U never know.
take it easy.
J

NeelBuddy, jrao124

Please share any info about the RFE. I got a RFE on the same date on April 05 2004 . Still waiting for a response from my lawyer.

NJSJR

Yeah. I am also waiting for the RFE to be recd by my lawyer. Please let us know how long it will take for the lawyer to receive the RFE

gc_majburi, jrao124

Finally I am seeing some light. Our EAD renewal was approved today.

Does this explain my I140 delay? or is it unrelated? Until I140 gets cleared, the EAD renewal approval wouldn't carry much weightage.

I-140 ND-01/14/04 Approved Today !!!

Hi all,
My I-140 with ND 01/14/04 was approved on 04/12/04 after responding to a RFE.

Here are my details.
--------------------------------------------------
Labor Filing date - 01/02/02 (Connecticut SESA)
Labor Approval Date - 11/20/03

Concurrent I140/485/EAD/AP
EAC-04-070-51***
RD : 01/12/04
ND: 01/14/04

RFE on I140 - Company's tax documents, Copy of my PP, W2, Education Evaluation doc, DL, SSN, Experience Letters.
RFE on 140 raised on - 03/02/04
RFE received by Attorney - 03/09/04
RFE Response received by CIS - 03/31/04

I140 Approved on - 04/12/2004.

485/EAD/AP - ???????

THANKS.........YESKAYEM.

Re: gc_majburi, jrao124

Originally posted by rajudm
Finally I am seeing some light. Our EAD renewal was approved today.

Does this explain my I140 delay? or is it unrelated? Until I140 gets cleared, the EAD renewal approval wouldn't carry much weightage.

Dude, hang in there. I see light at the end of your tunnel (hopefully). Renewal might trigger I140 approval. In the meanwhile have fun.

140 EB2, RFE received- Education Evaluation

My attorney received RFE.
There is problem with my Education Evaluation.
I have a bachelor degree and a Master degree in computer applications. But VSC is not statisfied with the Education Evaluation. I will post complete details once I receive a copy of rfe from my attorney.

RFE time

I was expecting an RFE for my I140, but VSC has sprung a surprise by issuing an RFE today (April 13th) for my H1 extension. I wonder what it could be.

I got the detailed about my rfe from my lawyer on my I140
"
Evidence relating to qualifying experience or training shall be in the form of letters from Current or former employer or trainers and shall include Name , Address, and title of the writer and a specific description of duties performed by alien or of training received . If such a evidence is not available , other documentations relating to aliens experience will be considered"

Your catagory Eb2 or Eb3

Njsr,
Could you please tell me your 140 catagory ? Eb2/Eb3

Mine is EB2 and I got RFE on my Education. I have a Bachelor Degree (3 yr) and a Master Degree (3yr) (from India). VSC is asking how can my 3 yr bachelor degree be equal to a Bachelor Degree of 4yr of USA....sort of (according to my attorney). She said she is going to evaluate my education from an expert again and mention previously approved cases with the same qualification.

I'm still waiting for the copy of RFE from my attorney.

Murthy Takes Action : Education Abroad and I-140s

Founds this article in Murthy.com - very encouraging. Also check the following thread:

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90645&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

http://www.murthy.com/news/ukmurtak.html

Murthy Takes Action : Education Abroad and I-140s

Posted May 02, 2003

The Law Office of Sheela Murthy has obtained information that may prove helpful to many whose I-140 petitions are pending with the BCIS or those whose I-140s were previously denied, because of the absence of a four-year degree from a foreign university. Attorneys in our firm took the initiative to contact the INS/BCIS (Service) and we have now obtained a favorable interpretation from the Service in the form of a letter opinion received by our law firm. We recently were granted permission to release a January 7, 2003 INS (now BCIS) letter defining the term "a foreign equivalent degree" for purposes of the employment-based second preference category (EB2) or employment-based third preference (EB3) category. The need for clarification arose because the EB2 category is for members of the professions holding advanced degrees or persons of exceptional ability. The advanced degree is defined as a U.S. academic or professional degree or a "foreign equivalent degree" beyond that of a baccalaureate. Also included in the EB2 and EB3 categories are individuals with baccalaureate degrees or "foreign equivalent degrees" and, in the case of the EB2, the education is followed by at least five years of progressive experience. In the latter situation, the bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) plus five years of relevant experience is deemed equivalent to an advanced degree.

Some BCIS officers and Service Centers were interpreting the phrase "a foreign equivalent degree" in the EB2 / EB3 context to be exclusively limited to situations in which single degrees were issued that were equivalent to the U.S. baccalaureate degree. This would disqualify many individuals who held a combination of degrees or Diplomas or other certifications that, taken together, equaled the requirement of a U.S. degree. Efren Hernandez III, then INS Director, Business and Trade Services, clarified that the term "degree" is not limited only to cases in which one has a single degree from a single educational institution. For example, a person with a three-year degree in mathematics from a university in India and a one-year diploma in computer science from a vocational institution who is found by an accredited evaluations company to have the equivalent of a 4-year computer science degree from an accredited university in the U.S. now may obtain the I-140 petition approval. In the last two or three years we have seen the INS/BCIS deny such cases. We now learn that, based on the efforts of The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, the educational requirement on the labor certification forms may be satisfied with the combined studies from several institutions, as long as that education is assessed by a credentials evaluation service and found to be equivalent to a U.S. degree.

Mr. Hernandez also clarified that the five years of experience may be accrued either in the U.S. or abroad. However, for this requirement an actual baccalaureate degree or its foreign equivalent is required. Unlike some other provisions of U.S. immigration law, it is not possible in this case to substitute experience for education in order to meet the baccalaureate degree requirement.

This clarification will benefit many who have experienced problems or denials due to the nature of their educational credentials. This letter should be very helpful in obtaining approvals for those who are now eligible. We saw approvals soon after our Office obtained this opinion letter from Mr. Hernandez. We thank Mr. Hernandez for his willingness to clarify this important issue for our law firm. It can now benefit our clients as well as thousands of other eligible professionals in obtaining I-140 approvals in the appropriate category from BCIS based, on their education from different educational institutions.

RFE

Hi guys,
This is for those of U who asked me what my RFE was about.

They asked for the company's tax returns and my W2s, basically to check if the company still exists.
I also have a 3 yr degree and a 3-year Masters degree, wonderng if I'll get another RFE.

We have replied, waiting for confirmation.
Ciao
J

rajudm, hang in there. USCIS works in strange ways.

NeelBuddy..

Your case is straight forward. Your attorney response should result in an approval soon. Good that there is no mention of company's ability to pay.

Joyd- Valuble info- Thank you

Joyd,
You posted valuable info. ( at the right time , for me).

I will forward this link (Evaluating Educational Credentials) to my attorney.

Thank you

I also got an RFE on my I140 asking for
1) 2001 W2 and
2) my company's 2001 tax return (Small company with <50 people)

The response was received by INS on 04/09/04.

Can anyone give me an idea of the timeframe that i should expect my I140 approval? Is it a couple of weeks, couple of months, or again years.

Processing Center: Vermont
Category: EB2
I140/485 ND: 29 May 2003; RFE reponse date: 04/09/04
EAD/AP: Application date: 28 March 2004

Originally posted by dancefanatic
I also got an RFE on my I140 asking for
1) 2001 W2 and
2) my company's 2001 tax return (Small company with <50 people)

The response was received by INS on 04/09/04.

Can anyone give me an idea of the timeframe that i should expect my I140 approval? Is it a couple of weeks, couple of months, or again years.

Processing Center: Vermont
Category: EB2
I140/485 ND: 29 May 2003; RFE reponse date: 04/09/04
EAD/AP: Application date: 28 March 2004

Still waiting ....
EB2 RIR
Labor
State - NH
I140 RD 06/08/2002
I485 RD 01/12/2002
FP RD 03/04/2003 Done
I140 RFE ND 04/09/2003 Same situation as yours
RFE Response RD 29/10/2003
I140 AD ??????? Still waiting
2nd EAD Renewal RD 01/13/2004 Still Waiting

Can anyone tell me how long should I wait ...??? My Lawyer says I140 is backlogged.

IRS certified tax return??

dancefanatic,

I received my 140 RFE details today. It is similar to yours.

a) 2001 tax return of company and b) 2001 W-2 of mine.

They are asking for IRS certfied return for company's 2001 tax return. How to obtain this certification?

What documentation did you submit for company tax return?
Annual reports for 2001 accompanied by audited or financial statements? or IRS certified tax return for company?

thanks
Mdgc

Atulh !

You seem to have mistype some thing . Carefully look at dates . I can not believe that 140s in EB2 category ( Labor - not NIW) submitted in 2002 are not adjudicated yet .

(a) Please enter the data in the consolidated tracker
(b) Please post your currect dates here .

Thanks
Sunny
04/01/03 140 EB2 ND
AD 04/17/04
( I am expecting to be approved by that day. i am so sick of waiting )