RFE on EAD Renewal Application

greeksocrates

Registered Users (C)
I got an RFE to submit photos (!). What happened was that I sent both my AP & EAD renewal forms in the same package, and it looks like they separated them into two separate units/applications (AP had a RD of 14 Jul 2003 while the EAD had an RD of 15 Jul 2003) -- and all the photos were probably put in the AP package.

I received the Advance Parole (Issue Date: 11 Sep 2003) papers though, without any RFE, but with the beginning date on the day of processing, and not the day after my current one ends as I woud have liked -- thus making me lose about two months of Advance Parole. On the one hand it is recommended that you apply early, and then you lose time (and hence money) when you do so.... :-(

They recommended that I use the envelope provided to respond to the RFE but I chose to use Priority Mail -- partly because I couldn't fit eveything (I had also included as additional supporting documents my approved I-140, and color copies of driver's license and passport and visa pages) into that small, stupid envelope they sent -- and I don't know if this will delay the process. Anybody have any idea?

Anyway, this is the moral: For people planning to send their AP & EAD renewal forms together, it might be worthwhile to separate their applications into separate units using paper clips to avoid these kind of RFEs.

On a related note: From the Counterfeit Warning on the color copying machine in Kinko's, it seems like it is illegal to makes copies of driver's licence, immigration/passport pages, etc., across the country and not just in some states as some people have said in these forums. I wonder why BCIS would ask for the same then.....

well it is elementary that you have to send the applications separate at least in seperate envelopes with clear markings on. - the post office box numbers are different if you dont send them together...

I am not sure what you mean by "elementary"....do you mean it is common knowledge?

I don't remember what exactly I did -- if not separating them into two units, at the very least I would have ordered them in a sequence so the two applications could be easily separated. But I do remember reading somewhere on the BCIS website that if sending AP and EAD <I>together</I>,then address the package to the P.O. Box given for AP. Hence was my decision to do so, besides wanting to save a little dough on Express Mail. :)

And now I think that if one decides to do so, it might be a good idea to put two separate envelopes in the same Express Mail package (and addressed to the Advance Parole P.O. Box) .