RFE more than a year, no response

HateINS2

Registered Users (C)
God, when is the end of tunnel????????????????

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On January XX, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

RD Oct 2001

Have you requested a status inquiry on your case or contacted your senator? It seems that other people with your RD have done this with some success.

I'm serious and in deadly despair

Attorney contacted senate, AILA, congressman, mailed INS, no use. Where are those people anyway!!!

1 FP Jan 2002
2 FP Jun 2003
3 FP Jan 2004 (To be done)
RFE Employment stuff, Dec 2002.

File a lawsuit

I don't think any other avenue left other than filing the lawsuit....even this avenue is not going to be fast...at least rather than pleading the INS , one can question them...

You don't need any fancy lawyer....file yourself...It's not difficult to get a format to file a case and question the INS for the delay...

-rajum

or keep waiting ????

else we can wait silently watching USCIS when the wait time is going to change from 365/540 to 730/1080 days :confused:

More depressed to see the message for myself

Well, that was for my spouse, who is the primary. I got RFE for myself on the same date as my spouse. But I never received it. Here's what INS has for me for over a year. Attorney and I called INS when the 802 phone was still there, IIOs said different things. Over 10 calls and FEDEX didn't make anything happen.

My attorney is busy filing lawsuit for a local transfer.

Again, I'm serious, in deep despair. I can't believe myself either to see the message everyday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On December XX, 2002, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Same here

Ins received my RFE response on Jan23, 2001.we had 3rd fp on Oct 17 2003. No response yet.helplessly waiting for approval.

Re: I'm serious and in deadly despair

Originally posted by HateINS2
Attorney contacted senate, AILA, congressman, mailed INS, no use. Where are those people anyway!!!

1 FP Jan 2002
2 FP Jun 2003
3 FP Jan 2004 (To be done)
RFE Employment stuff, Dec 2002.

Pick up the phone and call USCIS director, honorable Eduardo Aguirre. 202-514-4600.

Please post the result.

One more typo

I think it should be Jan 2003.
The way the immigration office is dealing with us makes us feel second class people in spite of the more than worthy contributions we make to this society.:mad:

prasadgc,
Why don't you file lawsuit . I personally feel that this kind of delay is extra ordinary.

No one want to fight lawsuit and they may decide your case within 60 days to nullify the law suit...

-rajum

HateINS2:

Maybe your name is as suspicious as your penname here; which is prolonging your background checking process? (I am no joking.)

My name is ordinary

I thought about it. But our names are so ordinary. Maybe we fall into the suspicious age group. Who knows.

dhw & HateINS2,
I think you both are missing the real point.
How come in CP, they are completing everything in six months.
INS has to decide the case...if they find name match,they have to initiate next round and they has to be some definitive time line for investigation. They cannot simply hang the case .....
Recently, I made senatorial enquiry about my case. I replied to RFE 2.5 months back and I don't have second FP issue. INS simply told that everything is fine...and they don't have resources....

So, HateINS2 more than any other reason, this is the real reason.

-rajum

I agree with rajum

Every time our attorney FEDEXed or mailed or asked somebody to ask, INS replied they were out of man power and had now control over our cases. It's that simple.

HateINS2: I was just joking about your name. I am in the same boat, frustrated by the long process without knowing the rationale.

rajum:

What is CP?

The human delay manytimes are not quantifiable via simple math. When a case requires some detours or sub-matter investigation, then the case will be lost in tens of thousands of cases. If my case requires 3 more steps of total 3 months to complete all inquiry and investigation than your case, the delay of my case will allmost likely be much longer than 3 months. All in all, those cases that got approvals within a reasonable timeframe probably are very CLEAN cases (i.e., not from communism/terrism countries, recogniable big-company employers, simpple track record prior to entrying the US). Well, pure speculation.

I guess it depends a lot on the officer assigned to your file. One of my colleague's wife has got RFE for medicals (my colleague is approved 6 months back) . She replied on Dec'15 and they got approval on Jan'9 . She also had a third FP (one of those thousands who got a erroneous third FP) and did it only on Jan'2.
See how fast the things have moved for her.