RFE Medical

PraGa

Registered Users (C)
Guys

I received an RFE for medical records. Following is the text

"you are required to have a medical examination in conjunction with this application.you may only go to an authorized CIS civil surgeon to have this exam.youe local immigration office can provide you with a list of authorized medical doctors.obtain the completed form I-693medical form AND supplement for immunizations or waiver from the physician and submit it to us in a sealed envelope"

I had send them a Medical forms and docuemnts in may 2002, after i had filed for I-485 in Aug 2001. does this mean that they might have lost the details ( or my attorney lost the details). or do the INS send such RFE when ever they open the file.

Also i wanted to know if i have to go through the tests again (which is not cheap). or the 2year old records will do.

Thanks
Praga

Someone just posted here that your medical exams don't expire and they are valid until your 485 gets adjudicated. So if you still have copies try sending that in. I don't know if they accept copies or not. But this is worth a try and if all goes well who knows you may get approved within a week. By the way it is not common for them to send such RFE's for medical exam when they open a file. If they still reject your copies then you may have to redo your medicals.

Medical RFEs - Supplemental form

Praga

I think the IIO is asking for a Supplemental form. If you have the copies of your medicals that were sent to INS along with your I-485, take a look at them. Did you meet all the vaccination requirements? If I am correct, you need to complete one or more vaccinations. Look for my previous thread about the RFE I have received about the vaccinations.

TX_RFE