RFE I-140- Civil Engineering degree is not related to Computer science!- Substitution

nbasetti

Registered Users (C)
I got RFE on my I-140(VSc), (LC-substitution) here are the details:

LC requirements:
#col14(degree) :Bachelors degree - 4 yrs.
#col15(Major study): Computer science or related
no. of yrs experience: 2 yrs.

My Qualifications:
#14: Bachelors degree in civil engineering - 4yrs
experience: 8 yrs.

In my RFE, USCS advised saying civil engineering is not related to
computer science degree.

My lawyer already sent a letter stating DOT reasons (AOH-Handbook of DL) & atttached copies from the handbook to USCIS.

Pls. give your comments basing experience and some knwoledge of USCIS Legislation/regulations or heard of some cases similar ones? PLS. DO NOT THINK, TO SAVE TIME...

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
u what computer related degree/diploma u have?didn't they do education evalution before sending it to INS?

Education evaluation has stated saying the degree is similar to "United states Bachelors degree in Engineering"

very interesting!!!!

I was under impression that a bachelors degree (4yr degree in engineering) with 5 years experience is equivalent to having a computer science related experience.

Did the labor advertisement specify 'any engineering degree'. If they specifically mentioned computer science then no one can say computer science is same as civil engineering.

I have to add this worry into my list now since all my degrees (2 Masters and PhD) are in Civil Engineering, but have real-time software development component in those degrees. Looking at your RFE I feel you need to respond strongly suggesting that your current experience far exceeds the requirement for the job.

Rajudm,
what you wrote is not at all related to the clauses/regulations of USCIS. ?

Experience doesn't go with education etc., etc.,. PLS. LET US NOT THINK, WHETHER WHAT IS RIGHT...? PLS. DON'T TAKE ME WRONG..

LET US GO WITH WHAT IS STATED IN THE LEGISLATION OR REGULATIONS.

I have clearly mentioned what is stated in the LC ETA-750 #14, #15.

Pls. anyone good at regulations or laws, throw a light on this..

in #15: "related degree" is mentioned in LC

nbasetti !

You have expected the legal experts to answer your questions . You have created a thread asking only fully knowledgable users to respond . You have expressed that people are getting mislead by these unprofessional opinions of ignorant users .Well - please aware that - Here nobody is fully knowledgable .(No attorney with billing rates of 300$ spends time here ). Everybody expresses their opinions and you should let them tell what they know and what they think - It is up to you whether to take it or not .

I guess - now you know why your questions are not answered .
Good luck .

-Sunny

oops! My apologies.

pls. Welcome any discussions on the topic though.....

Only thing I didn't want is --No wrong answers though..

Anyone heard of these kind of cases & results for them, or experienced self, or applied in similar conditions.

pls. update the thread with experiences.

nbasetti,

You lawyer has done the right job. Your lawyer needs to show how you are qualified for this job (as related field is equivalent for all practical purposes as stated in job description.)! I think that is what he would have done as clear from your post.

It does not hurts if you ask him if he needs to show it thru educational evaluations too? He will have to show that you are as qualified for the position thru a related degree(show experience, educational equivalence vis-a-vis job description stated on ETA 750.).

After reading my post - read the disclaimer on top of this page very loudly. :) - just kidding. Take it easy - usually these RFEs are defendable.

Any more guys with different fields of education other than computers, elec-trical/tronics etc.,
and having RFE.

pls. add your experience...

It is very difficult decide right answers by ourselves. Here are some denied cases discussions from the USCIS web site. At the end of each case the have given reason for denial. Most EB3 cases are having financial condition as reason while EB2 cases have education. You may get some help to understand the things.

Please do post any thing interesting in these cases

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121902

YES, U r right. it is so confusing to say, what is approved & what is not.?

I hope +vely, mine gets approved. Let see this fight till end...

I have heard that to make the re-evaluation of PGDCA educational qualification, from APTECH/NIIT or any other institute, needs TRANSCRIPT.

Is that true? do I need transcript as well other than PGDCA certificate? any idea guys...

I did NIIT and APTECH both and I had to provide copies of all Transcript from NIIT along with diploma and also Diploma from Aptech.

I think this is correct, but this is true for other courses also, we need to provide all marksheets,degrees and diploma, is that not true?

nbasetti....here is the detail

My I140 RFE is as suspected. Labor approval was based on Ad...BE computer science or engineering and related experience. USCIS is suggesting that I should opt for EB3 instead of EB2.

Also company's ability to pay.

Have to work on a document to provide an equivalency with civil engineering degree and experience for EB3.

Hi All,

I got the I-140 RFE like below.

Software engineering degree is not related to the company’s requirement of a computer science degree.

My bachelor is : Electronics and Communication Engg.
Masters: Software Engg.

is there any one is faced this situation.. Please suggest me.

thanks a lot i advance.

Hi All,

I got the I-140 RFE like below.

Software engineering degree is not related to the company’s requirement of a computer science degree.

My bachelor is : Electronics and Communication Engg.
Masters: Software Engg.

is there any one is faced this situation.. Please suggest me.

thanks a lot i advance.

It’s over 14 years since this thread last saw any activity. Start your own new thread.