RFE from BCIS (!Strange!)

pungaa

Registered Users (C)
I have a Bachelors in Civil Engineering and I have 7 years experience in Software. I have been working on a H1 for the last 5 years.

I had applied for my H1 Visa extension last November and Recently received a RFE from BCIS questioning the sufficiency of my academic credentials. The letter stated that i do not have a Computer Engineering Degree and neither do i have 6 years Experience BCIS recommends in order to be given the equivalent of a CS degree.

The intriguing part is that this is an application for extension (not a new one) and at the time of application i had 6+ years of experience. Now i have 7 years experience. They have approved my H1 Application 3 times before even though at that i had even less experience then i have now.

Can anyone guide me what i can do to convince BCIS of my qualifications. Did my lawyer mess up my application ?

Any help is appreciated.

Send the proof of experience. It might have been missed. As a non computer engg. professional you have to to submit proof of experience everytime ...

I have a follow up question on years of experience BCIS will consider for my H1-B extension.

I had

4.5 - Years of experience i had when i started my current job.
6.5 - Years of experience when i applied for extension of Visa.
7 - years of experience currently.

Out of the above three numbers which one will BCIS accept.

If they will accept only 4.5 years. then what options do i have to prove my qualifications.

I am also in a similar position like you. I have a bachelor degree in Mathematics, but
I also have computer science diploma. I had applied for the H1B extension last
December, but recently I received an RFE questing about my educational
background.

Prior to join my current employer, I had around 3 years 6 months experience. Over
all I have around 6 Years 6 months experience as of now.

Have you respond to your RFE ?. How are you going to justify your educational
background is fine and put more weight to your experience ?.

You can also send me an mail to kavipura_special@yahoo.com on the same.

Thanks.

Get the experience and education evaluated and attach the evaluation.
If the H1 extension is for the same position as before then the experience before joining that position can only be counted. My opinion.

Re: approval yet?

Hi, Pungaa,

can you please post your result for h-1b after replying REF?

Thanks!

mlin144

Yes I am also interested to know what happened to him. But he doesn't seem to checking this page at all.

Thanks.