RFE for sibling, what evidence is enough? How much more time?

Marker

Registered Users (C)
I applied I-130 for my brother, USCIS is requesting for an evidence that we both have same parents.

In absence of the birth certificate, is providing secondary evidence enough ? His School records show our father name, I am planning to provide that.

Will that be good enough?

Does this mean that USCIS has started to work on his file? and we should be expecting an interview pretty soon?

Thanks.

You will need to furnish a non-availability document in lieu of the birth certificate along with secondary evidence of having common parents.
Sibling category is 12-14 years over-subscribed. No interview in the near future.

You will need to furnish a non-availability document in lieu of the birth certificate along with secondary evidence of having common parents.
Sibling category is 12-14 years over-subscribed. No interview in the near future.
Thanks TC for your reply, but you can see from my post that I already knew what you mentioned. If you know, kindly tell me:

• What do you mean by "non-availability document" ?
  • Any idea how much time it takes AFTER they start making sure for the completeness of the documents ?

Some local authority from where the birth took place needs to issue some document stating that your brother's birth certificate is not available.
With regards to time, the I-130 will probably 4-5 years to be approved and it will become current 7-8 years after its approval.

• What do you mean by "non-availability document" ?
  • Any idea how much time it takes AFTER they start making sure for the completeness of the documents ?