RFE documents Question Please help

dhairya

Registered Users (C)
Folks Please help....................

GOT A VERY LONG RFE:
The doc submitted is not sufficient to warrant favorable consideration of ur petition. Foll is reqd:
List of ur emp history since ur last lawful admission to include name of each employer, date of emp, primary duties, job req, title & wage This should be also accompanied by doc evidence that establishes ur employment history.
Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:
Form W2 wage and tax statements
Pay stubs
Cancelled checks(both sides)
Complete copies of Federal Income Tax Returns(Form 1040)
Or other documentation which confirms your employment history. This evi should serve to identify ur current & prospective employer & all previous employers since UR LAST LAWFUL ADMISSION

Q1)
I came to US in October 1998 thro company A and I changed to my present company (I filed my Green card thro this) in Oct 99
Since them I am working in this company
I went out of US in April 03; So I need to submit pay stubs & W2
since April 03 or
since Jan 2000 or
since October 1998

Q2) I plan to send pay-stub, letter from present employer, W2 form, pay stubs for this year
Do I need to send letters/pay-stubs from prev employer also?
What r the other docs needed to be sent?

Have anybody got such type of RFE, actually first line is making my heart sink(The doc submitted is not sufficient to warrant favorable consideration of ur petition. Foll is reqd:)?

Tx
Please help.....

------------
RD Feb 19

Don't get disheartened

This is pretty usual. You will have to submit the proof of employment since the date you filed 485. In my case I had filed in Nov 2001. I got an RFE a few months ago and got approved.

I had sent 2001 and 2002 Tax return and pay stubs for the period in 2003.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

1)BTW has anyone got this "Cancelled check" notice from INS?

The RFE letter states:
"
Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:
Form W2 wage and tax statements
Pay stubs
Cancelled checks(both sides)
"

Look at this line:
Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following
Maybe INS wants me to send them either
Pay stubs
or
Cancelled checks?

Why would INS need want BOTH Pay-stubs & Cancelled checks?

2) Has anyone this line embedded in his/her RFE
The doc submitted is not sufficient to warrant favorable consideration of ur petition.

It says "may include" not "have to include" or "must include", so I think it means at least one of those docs. IMHO, if you submit W2s, pay stubs, and tax return you should be fine.

If you think about it, all those documents are redundant. Say, why are pay stubs needed, if W2 shows your salary for the year?

Pysar,

You are right. We should try to follow INS instructions humbly and not think much.
Thanks
Dhairya

Dhairya,

Just for my clarification.. is it not required that the documents that are sought for in your RFE be standard enclosures to a 485 petition...

Have they asked for it again... or had you not enclosed when you had applied... the only reason I ask is because, I have enclosed the documents along with my petition... just wanted to know what can be expected..

Thanks

Hi Sai,
I filed I-485 properly with all required documents, e.g. Emp. letter, Biographic form, W2 forms for 99, 2000, and 2001 along with copy of pay stubs for two years...what else
The company lawyer gave me a long questionnare to fill which had many questions which I replied all.
My others collegues also send same papers which I sent to company lawyer but never got any RFE.

I guess NOBODY HAS GOT SUCH TYPE OF RFE WHICH I GOT

:mad: :mad: :mad:

You not alone

I am silect visitor

I got same RFE which you got almost same
Think everyone is getting Employment RFE.

I went out of US Nov '02 so they want Employment proof till that date or since I file Green Card in '00!!!!

Anybody can tell what UR LAST LAWFUL ADMISSION means ??

Anybody can tell what UR LAST LAWFUL ADMISSION means ??

I am happy I am not alone ;) ;) ;)

Yes I also want to know what "UR LAST LAWFUL ADMISSION" mean?

I also went to India this year so UR LAST LAWFUL ADMISSION
mean since I came to US for first time or most recently I went out of country???

I think it means the last time you entered the US (i.e. when was your last trip abroad). This of course assumed you entered legally the last time you were here and didn't smuggle yourself in or come illegally from Canada/Mexico.

In the case described below, I think it means the last time you came back from India.

This date should be on the passport page where your I-94 is stapled.

rgds,
sadiq

We do received same RFE

My understanding (Last Lawful admission) is that your most recent entry in to the country.

In our case we come to this country first time in April '97 and our most recent lawful entry into the country was on Mar, 2001. so we sent the details they request from Mar 2001. (Employment history, along with pay stubs, W2, tax details, etc..).

Hope this helps.

Hi dwak_2000
I recall you also got sort of dangerous RFE. What happened to your RFE, why you got it and what you sent?

I did not change my employer since I filed GC, but unfortunately my company name changed after 5 months of filing 485, I don't know whether it matters or not(< 180 days)

I also got this "CANCELLED CHECK" clause What hack it is If you fil pay-stub why INS need "CANCELLED CHECK"
Did you do something for that dwak?

My wife is the primary candidate in I485 and I am the derivative. My wife received the same RFE you are all mentioning, in the 1st line it was saying whether we are claiming for AC-21, but we are not sure why the RFE was generated.

We sent all the Pay stubs, W2,TAX details to our lawyer since last lawful admission.
When he responded for RFE he mentioned that we are not claiming AC-21 and submitted the all attachments we sent to him without specifying the employment history and current
employment letter.

After our response BCIS sent 2nd RFE for my wife, the 2nd RFE is also same as 1st one but by removing words 'whether we are claiming AC-21' and 1st RFE for me (To prove I am the spouse/still the spouse - Marriage Certificate, Apartment Leasing agreement,
Bank account details, Birth certificate of the baby born to us, tax details, Life insurance if any, medical insurance if any to show everything is jointly held).

We responded for 2RFE by providing the employment history details and currently employment letter along with requested documents (Pay stubs, W2, Tax details.), In the RFE they have mentioned about cancelled checks but we not worried about it and infact we don't have any cancelled checks with us.

My wife still works for the same employer, but when we filed our 485 in DEC 2001 we were in Columbus, OH and moved to Sacramento,CA after getting the next assignment sometime in FEB 2002,we do submitted AR-11 and given change of address to INS. But I am not sure whether this triggered the RFE.

2nd RFE response has been received by BCIS on 15th OCT and we received our 2nd Finger Notice after that. Completed our FP before our schedule date and waiting for approval.

Dwak,

Really appreciate your patience to write such a nic reply
I have a question, what did you send in "Employment History"?
Did you prepare it yourself or is there some format available.
I'll really be thankful. if you send some format of the "Employment History" letter you sent in response to 2nd RFE you got?

Tx

Employment History Format

bobbys

Below the format we prepared and sent to our Lawyer and same
has been sent by him to BCIS. This has been formatted by us as requested in the RFE. In our case only one employer and still works for same.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY – SINCE LAST LAWFUL ADMISSION

My last lawful Admission was March 10, 2001 (Copy of I-94 Enclosed)

Name of the Employer:
Date of Employment:
Job Title:
Wage:

Primary Duties:

(Copy the description from the Labor Certification application you would have filed - think it is 750 Part B)

Job Requirements:

(Fill the requirement specified for your position when advertised for your GC.)

I have enclosed the following document copies since my last lawful admission in the country

· Copy of the I-94 of my last lawful admission.
· Copy of the Pay Stubs from March 2001 to Till date
· Copy of the Federal Tax Details for Year 2001 and Year 2002 (Jointly Filed with spouse)
· Copy of Last H1B (I129)
· Copy of EAD’s

Q for Hoho Dwak

Guys,

Tx for ur help Really I have found ur suggestions very helpful
Based on RFE I got (MY first posting in this thread), and ur suggestions I am sending the foll:
I changed one company since I came to US
All pay stubs since '98 I entered US(one pay stub every quarter)
Employment Letter from previous & present employer
Previous H1s and EADs
Copy of I-94
W2 since I entered US
Copy of all 1040 filed since I entered US
Is anything more I should send?
Employment History letter

ANYTHING I AM MISSING?

TX

Should be good

dhariya,
Looks good. But you really need the W2/Paystubs/Employment letter from the time you filed 485. But should not hurt.