RFE after 27 months TSC

pajani

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have filed my 485 in June, 2001. I got my RFE yesterday from TSC asking for current employment letter.

I left my employer 1 year back who is in TX.My previous employer knows that i am working for new employer in NJ. My previous employer is very much supportive for legal support.

Now, I am working in NJ since last 1 year. I have same Job profile and same duties which I was doing before when I was with company in TX.

I never informed my lawyer about change of employment.Because, AC21 did not say that it is compulsary like Change of address.So I never did that.

Now when I will send my new employer's offer letter will that create any problem, will that be a show stopper, will I have to file AC21 now?

I am very much confused and tensed.

Please guide me

Thanks
pajani

Don't Worry

I would say it's a good thing. Atleast you know that
some one is working on your case.

Just respond the RFE with new employment letter (explaining
the job duties). You may also have to include a letter stating that
you have switched the job on the basis of AC-21. Or just
just sending the new employment letter will do. Check with
your lawyer about this.

I would say, you should get the approval within 2 to 3 weeks
after USCIS receives your response.

Good Luck

Please let us know what happens

I am in the same situation like you except that I have not received any RFE yet. Please do keep posting on your case. It will be helpful. I would say in your case just go with the new employment offer and pay stubs. If INS asks for AC21 then file AC21.
Thanks

I think you'll be fine - lot of people have changed jobs using AC21 after filing 485... your best bet is to talk to your lawyer and send the documents as suggested by the lawyer....

good luck - i am sure your case will be approved pretty soon!

please post your rd, nd, fp?

RD / ND / FP

Thank you all for the reply.

Infact I did 3 times my Finger Printing.

RD - 07/15/2001
ND - 08/28/2001
FP - 05/09/2002 - did it in FL
07/25/2003 - did it in NJ

EAD Renewal - 2 times

Second Renewal of EAD - Photos taken 2 times. I had to go to the local INS centre in NJ. There again I had to give FP and Photographs together.

Let's see what's next.

I personally Thank you all.

pajani

Originally posted by pajani
Hello,

I have filed my 485 in June, 2001. I got my RFE yesterday from TSC asking for current employment letter.

I left my employer 1 year back who is in TX.My previous employer knows that i am working for new employer in NJ. My previous employer is very much supportive for legal support.

Now, I am working in NJ since last 1 year. I have same Job profile and same duties which I was doing before when I was with company in TX.

I never informed my lawyer about change of employment.Because, AC21 did not say that it is compulsary like Change of address.So I never did that.

Now when I will send my new employer's offer letter will that create any problem, will that be a show stopper, will I have to file AC21 now?

I am very much confused and tensed.

Please guide me

Thanks
pajani

Pajani, you are right, AC21 is not compulsory.
So you shd be fine. Are you using the same lawyer?
The lawyer might ask fees to file your AC21 or to respond to your RFE. In that case, maybe you shd use him or maybe you could file it on your own. I have read lot of people filing their RFEs & Ac21 on their own.
All the best and most important, do keep on visiting this forum
and informing us abt the progress of your case.

Pajani,

You should be fine if the job description is about the same and the salary is not smaller. I would suggest to file with the use of your lawer just in case, you know, to avoid mistakes. Of course the lawer must be a good one, otherwise it does not worth.

Regards,

JLSBR

My Case is approved

Hello Friends,

My Application for 485 has been approved.

It took 20 days after I answered the RFE.

Thanks to you all for your kind guidance.

Thanks
pajani

RFE - I485 , ND Aug 01

I also got an RFE on Jan 6th. My ND is Aug 2001. RFE is about employment letter. My attorney received it today. Attorney says she is going to prepare a letter satisfying the portability requirements along with submitting employment letter. I also changed jobs after 180 days of filing I-485.
If I get to know more details, I will post here.

First of all, Congrats on your approval ! Can I ask you one favor, I need the format of letter which you have mailed to INS in response of your RFE and I also want to check if you have send them last 12 paystubs. Looking forward for hearing from you.

Thanks
Prabhu