review/investigation agency.

ehsan7

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer did an inquiry on my behalf and CIS replied that my case is pending at 3rd party review/investigation agency and my lawyer said this means you were cleared from FBI and its goof news that your case is on the roll. I looked at the last inquiry response and it said only investigation agency(December Inquiry) but latest one says review/investiagation(July Inquiry). Sounds same to me.
Does this mean my case is still pending and my lawyer is just trying make me feel satisfied or my case is really out of black hole.

Can some one eloborate on what is review/investigation agency.

I think this is usual USCIS doublespeak. How long has you case been pending? You may want to confirm by taking InfoPass if in fact your Name check has been cleared. But as you may know that if your NC has been pending fore more than 180 days and I-485 application is otherwise approvable(PS current, Visa #available, FP cleared, I-140 approved), your AOS should be approved as well. Not sure what your lawyer meant by cleared by FBI. It could be that you FP cleared. Unless USCIS gives a straight answer on what's holding adjudication on your I-485, most people can only speculate on what they may have meant by it.

My lawyer did an inquiry on my behalf and CIS replied that my case is pending at 3rd party review/investigation agency and my lawyer said this means you were cleared from FBI and its goof news that your case is on the roll. I looked at the last inquiry response and it said only investigation agency(December Inquiry) but latest one says review/investiagation(July Inquiry). Sounds same to me.
Does this mean my case is still pending and my lawyer is just trying make me feel satisfied or my case is really out of black hole.

Can some one eloborate on what is review/investigation agency.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is usual USCIS doublespeak. How long has you case been pending? You may want to confirm by taking InfoPass if in fact your Name check has been cleared. But as you may know that if your NC has been pending fore more than 180 days and I-485 application is otherwise approvable(PS current, Visa #available, FP cleared, I-140 approved), your AOS should be approved as well. Not sure what your lawyer meant by cleared by FBI. It could be that you FP cleared. Unless USCIS gives a straight answer on what's holding adjudication on your I-485, most people can only speculate on what they may have meant by it.

My case is almost two years old now. I inquired through my lawyer last week and also went to immigration office but both have the same answer that case is pending at third party. I asked her how long it will take and she said usually it only takes three months you might wanna check back and i told her that result from lat inquiry were same as this one.
Congressman office also inquired about my case they gave me a more detail answer that your name check was cleared but its pending at another agnecy now and your finger prints have already expired.

My lawyer asked me to see him about what other alternatives i have next week.
Please advice if there is somthing else i can do.

Ehsan

Last edited by a moderator:
ehsan,
Have you heard anything back from USCIS? Is your case family based or employment based?

In fact, 180 days rule is only applicable to FBI name check and not to the other background checks, and USCIS not does reveal the agency name which is holding your case back.

ehsan,
Have you heard anything back from USCIS? Is your case family based or employment based?

In fact, 180 days rule is only applicable to FBI name check and not to the other background checks, and USCIS not does reveal the agency name which is holding your case back.

I haven't heard so far except for they will contact me in 45 days and i applied through family so i have no idea what is this category.

interview done;no decision

My interview was done in july 2007.i went to local office to inquire about the status of case in dec 2008 .Officer told me that my file is in burlington vermont.what is that suppose to mean.I dont know what to do next.See my sigature below

EB3 I 485 applied on 2002
substitute labore
last fp done oct 2008
interview july 2009

My interview was done in july 2007.i went to local office to inquire about the status of case in dec 2008 .Officer told me that my file is in burlington vermont.what is that suppose to mean.I dont know what to do next.See my sigature below

EB3 I 485 applied on 2002
substitute labore
last fp done oct 2008
interview july 2009
----------interview july 2009??? is that second interview?