Revalidation Time @ St. Louis

National identification number in DS-156

What is the answer for National identification number in DS-156 form???? Please post a reply.

National Identification

Let me know if you get any information regarding national identification. I will try to contact my lawyer also.

Thanks
Raj

No Delays

I just got my H1 revalidation done at Bombay (post sept11). Here\'s what you can do:
1. Use the Andheri office - It\'s less crowded and the people there are more polite.
2. Call for an appointment - if required (Call anyway, they will let you know if you need an appointment).
3. Use the VFS (Drop box facility) for revalidations these take 2-3 working days.
The VISA Office has brochures for the new Visa Process.

I left it blank while aplying

Its I guess some thing to do with your country of origin and we Indians dont have any of that number. I also sopke to my lawyer and he asked me to write N/A there...

That is right.

If it is SSN they would have clearly written as SSN instead of National Identification Number.

apart from US lot of other countries have the numbering system and it is for them.

recd by DOS on sept. 14th, still waiting for my passport...

I get a sense that it is taking atleast 1.5 months now...
any different impressions?

lachu.

Got it - Finally !!

Got my passport back with stamp on Friday Oct. 19th...had sent it on August 29th.

The date on the Visa stamp is 17th Oct.

So it is taking them around 6 weeks.

Good luck to all others !

-Tejas

Please continue posting your revalidation experiences...

There are many of us waiting... please keep this thread alive.
Thanks!!

485filer, did you get your passport back?

I sent a fax asking them to return my PP yesterday. What about you. DId you get it back?

Sent on 11th

..still waiting. Wonder if I should cancel my tickets. Have planned to leave the country for vacation on 5th November.

Dependent visa and its been expired in March 2001

hello. I am on dependent visa and its been expired in March 2001. I just ignored it now My husband passpot has been updated and revalidated, he holds visa until 2003. if I send now will they stamp passport now.please help me.

Yes they will

Of course they will.

But please do remember to attach copies of his visa stamping, new I94 and I797.

Best of luck.

Sent Sept 4, Recd Oct 23rd

Got my PP back with the h1b visa stamp dated oct 18. So I guess they are taking somewhere around 6~7 wks.

Sent PP on Aug 22 didnt recieve, Anyone sent during that time recieved.Please Help!!!!

Sent PP on Aug 22 didnt recieve, Anyone sent during that time recieved Please Help!!!!