revalidation of h1 visa

nvmurthy

Hi,
Recently I changed my employer.i got new H1 and valid I-797.
my visa expires in jan 9 2003.I am planning
to visit india.
do i need to revalidate my visa?or can i re-enter the u.s
with old visa?

thanks
vishnu

Revalidation is always safer...

Becoz, some INS officers at POE try to scare people away, it is always better to have the stamp. If you have the time please get it revalidated.
But you can enter with the 797 approval notice and an expired H1 stamp in passport. See Jim Mills\' postings to a related question in the archive. Printouts or references to those Memos will help you to present your case (if denied ) to the officer at POE.

H-4 to H-1 question

Posting on behalf of someone who entered on H-4 visa and now holds a H-1 status. Going to india to get the H-1 stamping. Consulting company has portrayed prior experience while applying, however there is none in actuality. Will a experience letter from the existing, and currently employed co. suffice? What is to prevent the applicant from putting down just 1 company (current employer) on the H-1 form DS156(157)?
What is the right solution out of this?

I have the same situation and I am going to canada any suggestion?

I am planning on visiting India on first of May, but my passport has a valid H1-B visa on my former employer\'s name. I have transferred my employment and received a new I-797. My old visa expires on July 30, 2002 and I am planning on coming back to US on June 26, 2002. A few people I have talked with (including an immigration lawyer) said I should be alright. But I talked with the the INS at a port of entry (Major international airport), apparantly, they don\'t know that it is alright. According to him, I am supposed to get a new visa with the new employer\'s name on it. As I have more than 60 days on my previous visa I can\'t use the St. Louis revalidation, so I am planning on visiting Toronto Canada for revalidation of my H1-VISA. (I have two degrees from US and all my experiences are in US) I would really appreciate incites from you all. Thanks a lot in advance.

Revalidation of H1 Visa, Pls H E L P

I came to US on H1 from Canada 2 years ago. I\'m a canadian immigrant, according to US law they dont need stamping of visa on passport. So, US immigration just put a normal stamp on my passport when I flew from Canada to US 2 years back and gave me I-94. My H1 expired in Dec\'2001 and my company applied for another H1 which Im going to get soon. Can I send my passport along with approved H1 to St.Louise for revalidation (restamping) of my H1 ??????