Revalidation in Chennai

rock945

Registered Users (C)
Anyone here got Visa revalidated in Chennai or applied please let me know how long is it taking. Also will it be faster if i go for interview rather than using mailbox and is it advisable..

thanks

If you are eligible for drop box, you will have to use drop box- before the new DOS directive targetted for aug 1, 2003. Things are a little fluid in all consulates now...

Could anyone please let me know how long is the H4 visa processing time in chennai consulate ? My wife submitter her documents for H4 2 weeks back and we still didnt receive any response from consulate. The TT service ppl. says that the documents are still in consulate.

For chennai consulate, we were told that Spouse endorsement on the wife's passport is not required..Is that correct ?

Is there any extra scrutinization going on these days ?

Thanx
Rajesh

rajesh22,

My wife applied for H4 stamp at Chennai consulate thru TTS Hyderabad on May 20th 2003. We are also in waiting mode. Please post if you hear anything about your wife's stamp.

Thanks~

Dear Sunnyvale123,

I heard from my wife that TT chennai office told us that it will take 14 week days to get the response from US consulate chennai. We submitted on May 21 for my wife.

Also, i was told that TT-Chennai office today receiving documents from the chennai US consulate for those who submitted for May 20th. You may check back at yr TT office centre.

Iam hoping that it will arrive sometime before this week.

Keep me posted as well

Rajesh

Nothing can be said about the processing times at the Chennai Consulate for H-visa processing.

I applied for H1B revalidation through the drop-box scheme at chennai - I applied on 19th May and got my passport with visa stamping on June 2nd.

We had submitted extensive / exhaustive documentation - Original I-797, LCA, employer letter, pay stubs for last few months, original certs, photographs of offices, business cards of few colleagues, copies of recent tax returns etc.

While I got my H1B stamping...however, my wife's H1B stamping is still being processed. We applied together on same date, for same purposes, with similar documentation....We contacted both TTS and the Consulate, but there was no definite word except that the case is being processed. And We are scheduled to leave back this weekend... I heard that for some cases the processing times are unusually longer than 2 weeks. Anyone with such experiences?? I greatly appreciate if you could share your experiences.

And for those who are planning to do their stamping at Chennai consulate, better have adequate time (atleast 3 weeks or more) so that you dont run into last-minute hassles and tension.

rajesh22,

My wife received her passport on June 4th with H4 visa stamped. It is taking well over 2 weeks. Last time when we did her H4 (about an year back), it took just 3 days. Makes you think twice to get the revalidation done in Chennai.

Hello

Hello Friends,
Greetings. I have applied for H4 Visa for my wife at US Consulate in Chennai thru' TTServices on 2nd of May, 2003. On 14th of May, 2003 , They returned all of the paperwork including Passport except "Marriage Certificate and Pictures, copy of I-797 of the Spouse(H1B Copy) " with a note saying that " We are unable to issue visa at this time with a box checking saying that , This application in under Administrative Processing and once it is done we will contact you. " . We are still waiting for the reply from the consulate. Is it possible now to take help from the "Travel Agency " or What we can do to get the visa ASAP ?.

Pl. let me know

-- Mohan

Sarimohan,

Did y get the H4 visa for your wife ? Is it still under processing ? What action did you take after the consulate response ?

Rajesh

Anyone here recently got their H1 or H4 VISA stamped in chennai. Please post how long it took. I sent mine on June 11 th, still havent got it back..
thanks

Rock,

What is the procedure to revalidate H-1 in Chennai? I have to revalidate my H-1 when I am in India. My H-1 has expired for more than 2 years but I have maintained valid H-1 status throughout.

Can I just go to TTS Visas and submit my paperwork and wait for them to courier me back the passport with visa? I heard that there is a new rule that requires all non-immigrant visa applicants
to appear for a personal interview.

I am leaving for India tomorrow on a 3-week vacation.

Suggestions and feedback from anyone would be very helpful.

I got my H1 and wife's H4 stamped from Chennai. I had applied on May 27 via TTS and received passports back with stamping on June 12. Its rush time and taking around 3 weeks at Chennai.

Thanks,
Vijay

what are the downside in getting stamped?

Why rely on TT Services (if you have not done already)? I am planning to go to the consulate in the second week of June, wait in the line for 2-3 hours and get it stamped.

Now my question is, what is the down side (other than the travel and the pains for staying outside the consulate)?

Do any of you know the fees?

thanks

Sri

From what I know, going directly to the consulate is NOT an option for H1B revalidation. You HAVE to go via TTS drop-box.

If you go to the consulate, and if theres an interview, you'll have to wait for a few more weeks.

you cannot stand in the line and get inside the consulate like the old times. you need to have an appointment to get inside. If your consulate is chennai, then bad luck; TTservices is probably better in that case than getting appointments. Or, you can try Delhi or calcuttta consulate for appointment (since chennai is crowded, they allow you to get appointment at delhi or calcutta consulate)
good luck

Please advise ....

I talked to TT Travels in india. and I did the following:

1. I tried to fix an appointment over the web. In Chennai, no appointments till August 25th. So I went to the Calcutta webiste - got one for July 21st morning.

2. CAlled TT travels and asked them what is the turnaround time? My problem is I am staying in India for 4 weeks only. She said the turnaround is min 12 days, max 20 working days. So very likely I might get my passport back. She says I cannot go to Calcutta as I am eligible for drop box (as it is not first time) and I can ONLY go to Chennai for Interview (as I am in the southern region). Even if I go to Chennai for Interview, they will not give me the passport back - they will mail after a few days. She suggested I keep checking Chennai online system as some appointments get cancelled.

It is like catch 22. Either to believe TTS and give them the stuff the very first day I land in India OR keep checking for appointment time at Chennai (as Calcutta is ruled out for me).

Any advise??

it is better to call up the consulate and ask them if you can go to the calcutta for interview. according to the consulate website, you can go to calcutta or delhi. But i dont know, whether it is possible or not, if you are eligible for dropbox.