returning to former H1-B employer

franco

I am planning to return to my former H1-B employer. I had transferred to another employer and my H1-B was transferred there as well. Now I am being told that I have to transfer it again, but somebody who was in a similar situation said, that it is not necessary if the former employer has not canceled the visa. Please advise what it correct.

U need not file a transfer IF (a big IF)

1. H1 has not been cancelled AND
2. Employer is willing to put you in their payroll for the interim period too. i.e. you never quit them.

Thanks for your reply.

Does that mean they will have to pay me for the last 7 months?? What does interim mean?

Sorry, I am confused. I worked for them until November 2001. Then I transferred the visa to another company and they paid me until now. Now I want to return to the first employer and they would start paying me as they were until Nov 01.

I also want to return to my previous employer after working for another company for 18 months and has the same question that will it pose any problems. Will the old employer has to give 18 months salary me??? Or they can just start payroll again when i rejoin them again.

Last edited by a moderator: