Returning to Country of Persecution

It's not too difficult to get the logic here, even asylee and refugee (those who hasn't got GC) can go back to the persecution country if there's reasonal execuse(it sure will be examined, but you will be fine as far as you have reasonal execuse). LPR should not even be considered here, you absoultely have the right go back visit your family.

hey just came back visiting home. IO just asked regular questions and said something like: "if you think it is safe then it is safe", then stamped the RTD.

I am now reading these forums for posts in last two weeks. seems we did not get many approvals:)

samird said:
hey just came back visiting home. IO just asked regular questions and said something like: "if you think it is safe then it is safe", then stamped the RTD.

I am now reading these forums for posts in last two weeks. seems we did not get many approvals:)

what did you use to get in and out of your country.. NP or RTD?? Did you fly direct from US to couuntry or used 3rd country?

I used NP (renewed) just to be safe, not because of USCIS but because of local officers. I showed IO my renewed NP. There is no direct flight from US so I had to switch planes in 3rd country.

Samird,how much time did you spend out there?Since you have not yet received your GC,what did you use to get there?

Hi I spent 13 days, and used RTD. But just in case I brought 'Notice of Action' to show that PR is approved. But the IO knew that from the computer so I did not need to show it. He just stamped RTD. I just applied for AP since it is valid for 2 years.

It's not clear and really confusing.First you said you used NP and then,RTD and you're gonna apply for AP valid for 2 years instead of Reentry Permit.

ICA 2000 which circumstance would affect you the most traveling for business or for a sick one if you are visiting your COP as an asylee thanks.

Just made another trip to CoP and had no problems. IO just asked 'How was the trip?' and stamped NP.

Hi Samird,
Please give more information. I will be travelling to COP next december with NP. An officier in my town told me that I can renew and use my NP. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the confusion, I meant to say RP instead of AP which I got a few months ago. And yes RP is valid for 2 years. I have consulted several attorneys and they all said I can have NP which I am using now, besides RP. Last time I showed both NP and RP to the IO but he stamped NP. Before I got RP I used to travel with RTD and NP, but used only NP to get into my CoP. I hope this is clear now.

samird said:
Before I got RP I used to travel with RTD and NP, but used only NP to get into my CoP. I hope this is clear now.

how can you travel with rtd & Np?? What did you answer to the question "Have you renewed your national passport?" in the rtd application?

Just curious..

Well,

I think either way it causes great concerns because this type of travel, if doing on a non-emergency basis, poses no good publicity and it does also cause trouble to asylee himself.

Particularly some nationals like Chinese, except for Chinese muslims or Tibetans, or religious workers. But I personally wouldn't believe the violators of its one-child policy or so called Fa Lung Gong qualify for asylum. The fact that there are five cases pending in Second Circuit alone about Chinese asylees whose status revoked by USCIS due to fraud or misrepresentation and subject to deportation, really makes people wonder what effect could have on future asylum claimants.

wantmygcnow:
I renewed NP about 6 months after getting RTD.

windywd: I totally agree with your observation. However, we need to understand that not all asylee cases are identical. In my case, most likely (didn't really check precisely) all the conditions causing me to apply for asylum have been changed in CoP. I can always prove all my asylum claims have been valid and support it with evidence.

Hope all this make sense.