Return old Travel document - Is this new?

Asylee13

Registered Users (C)
I applied for RP a month ago and now i received a letter asking me to return my old RP(expiring in 2 months). I have never mailed my old travel document before and never had an issue. Is this a new rule or something.

I applied for my daughter also and didn't include her TD also( expiring in Aug,09). No letter for her yet. Now my dilemma is ...should i send her document also. Don't know if i am supposed to send it or just wait if they ask for it. But, then it will delay more. Confusing...I'll go with what majority say. So, please advice?

USCIS is asking you to return your current document, due to the fact your current travel document is not fully expired yet, but set to expire in 2 months, this is just a measure taken to minimize any fraud risk possibility, because you applied before your current document is completement expired.
It has been that way.
Return yours since they requested it but wait until your daughter's document is requested to be returned.

Best Luck.

It says in application instruction that if you have valid travel document USCIS will not issue a new one unless you return it or have lost it.

In last year's conference with AILA, they said that they would ask DHS' approval to make the RP or RTD validity starting from the expiration date of your current one. In other words, if your RP expires on August 1, 2009, your new RP will be valid for two years, starting August 2, 2009. So you do not have to send the old RP back. Everyone was pleased at that time saying this is really considerate.

We never heard back from them.

In last year's conference with AILA, they said that they would ask DHS' approval to make the RP or RTD validity starting from the expiration date of your current one. In other words, if your RP expires on August 1, 2009, your new RP will be valid for two years, starting August 2, 2009. So you do not have to send the old RP back. Everyone was pleased at that time saying this is really considerate.

We never heard back from them.
It would be awesome if they do this.

that is law, u dont know? if u have unexpired TD with you and still wants to apply for new one, you have to send the old back.

I apologisze for psoting here, I am new to this thread, and can't figure out how to create new posts.

My question is, I was in the US with a pending GC application for about 3yrs, applied for Advance parole, and at the same time, i applied for dissloution of marriage, the marriage had long ended.

Moved to Canada, recieved PR and would like to visit the US because i have a court subpoena asking me to return for a deposition and a doctor's appointment, and the lawyers of the comapny i workd for paying for everything (worker's comp). My Advance parole expired just last December.

What are my options