Retrogression

Bob52 said:
So, if you're put on retrogression that means ???

Take an example , You are EB3 your priority date is 1 Aug 2003.

Assume a year ago visa Bulletin date as of ( OCT 2005)was 15 July 2003 , mean USCIS is processing adjustment of status(AOS) application if you are with in US or Counseller processing if you are out side US.

Now you are waiting 15 more days forward movement to become your date 1 Aug 2003 be current so that you can apply for your AOS.

But in the visa Bulletin (NOV 2005) the date became 15 Jun 2002 instead of 1 Aug 2003 from the previous date 15 July 2003. Now you are put in to retrogression. Your wait time became 1 year instead of (0 - 15 )days.

October visa bulletin

Anybody has any comments or thoughts about the October visa bulletin. Prediction seems to be that the visa numbers will atleast be available by the end of October and may be later as well. Does anybody think that they could still get over this month or next month ? Or is it quite safe to assume that the visa numbers will be over only in November or later. Just wanted to know what other people feel about it.

Year 2007 visas quota start available from 1 Oct 2006 until Sep 30, 2007.

Take EB 3 category 28.6% of 140,000 visa available for year 2007.

EB3 gets 40,040 visa, out of which 10,000 goes to other workers, EB3 left with 30,040 only for all the countries based on per country ratio.

This 30,040 will be divided uniformly through out the year. But in reality if the demand is more than the requirements, the retrogression occures.

IndiannurseUSA said:
Anybody has any comments or thoughts about the October visa bulletin. Prediction seems to be that the visa numbers will atleast be available by the end of October and may be later as well. Does anybody think that they could still get over this month or next month ? Or is it quite safe to assume that the visa numbers will be over only in November or later. Just wanted to know what other people feel about it.

great_guru, Off topic, You are a master in everything. Please advise.

My friend, she has done Bachelor's in Occupational Therapy from India. NBCOT, the national certifying organization, will recognize degrees only from WFOT. Her's is a non-WFOT school. You have any thoughts on how to get NBCOT to accept her B.O.T or any other options

All non American trained Physiotherapists must sit the National Physical Therapy Examinations (NPTE) this is a 5 hour multiple choice examination to be undertaken in the USA. Applicants must pass this section in order to be able to register as a Physiotherapist and work in the USA. To be eligible to sit the NPTE, you MUST possess an undergraduate Physiotherapy degree from your home country that is not less than 4 years in length. If your degree is less than 4 years, unfortunately you will not be eligible to apply for work in the USA.

If it is non WFOT degree then , you should not think about America. How can one join an university which not recognized by a international body.

There are plenty of university which are recognized by WFOT.
Only way is get a WFOT recognized degree from India or USA, before proceeding.

----------------------------------------------------------------

arouncoumar said:
great_guru, Off topic, You are a master in everything. Please advise.

My friend, she has done Bachelor's in Occupational Therapy from India. NBCOT, the national certifying organization, will recognize degrees only from WFOT. Her's is a non-WFOT school. You have any thoughts on how to get NBCOT to accept her B.O.T or any other options

I was thinking more in this line. If its a non-WFOT school, get NBCOT to evaluate the credentials. If they dont find it upto the standards, maybe join some school in US to get extra credits to match upto the standards. That way you dont have to graduate all over again. Looks like this wont be possible as NBCOT wont bother with non-WFOT schools

Also do you know of any resourceful sites/forums for occupational therapy. It should be helpful with exam preparation, international applicants,... Most I could find was for Physical Therapy and not OT.

Thanks for your suggestions.

The Non WFOT course are not recognized by by US school that is the reason international body recognize schools outside US, even people can get their degree through distance education or useless institution in India . You can not claim that course are recognized and you can contiue further course based on that.

arouncoumar said:
I was thinking more in this line. If its a non-WFOT school, get NBCOT to evaluate the credentials. If they dont find it upto the standards, maybe join some school in US to get extra credits to match upto the standards. That way you dont have to graduate all over again. Looks like this wont be possible as NBCOT wont bother with non-WFOT schools

Also do you know of any resourceful sites/forums for occupational therapy. It should be helpful with exam preparation, international applicants,... Most I could find was for Physical Therapy and not OT.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Great guru, what happens to those with pending I-485 if retrogression takes place this nov?my priority date is june 2006 and I'm in the US. Will I have a problem here in the US or will I just wait for my date to be current? thank you

If you file your I 485 and it is pending (retrogression takes place) and got your EAD, then you can stay without any problem until your petition gets adjuncted. When the date is current your petition will get approved. Until then you can stay safely in US.

NYPT said:
Great guru, what happens to those with pending I-485 if retrogression takes place this nov?my priority date is june 2006 and I'm in the US. Will I have a problem here in the US or will I just wait for my date to be current? thank you