Retrogression: Doing the Math

EB retrogression in the past

So when was the last time there was retrogression of this magnitude in recent history? across all EB categories (1, 2nd & 3rd)?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah thats whats totally mind boggling

Jackolantern said:

I checked out the Archived Visa bulletins on the DOS website, and for EB2, since 1995 (ON THE BULLETINS THEY HAVE ARCHIVED) there were only 2 instances of retrogression, & both no more than 2 yrs from the current calendar date....
This seems without precedent!

I Don't Think Ins Has Never Issue So Many Hibs Before. So It Is Hard To Use Historic Number To Gauge What Is Happening Now

HELP YOURSELF if u want GC

Folks,

You must have seen this elsewhere. There is a lobbying group that's writing letters to senators etc. trying to bring their attention to the EB2/EB3 retrogression. I wish there was another petition for name check issues.

I've enclosed their link which talks about what each of us can do in that regard. Please do your bit ASAP. Time is of the essence here. It is due by Oct 23.

************************************************** ************************************************** *********

Go to the following link:
<http://www.isnamerica.org/lobbying/hubplan.asp>

Here, you will see the faq and description in the
folder to explain what to do.

Basically it is for everyone to print and sign the
letters and mail them to the hub volunteer. The hub
volunteer will collect and mail the letters out to
the senators on Oct 23. So please forward to as many
people as you k! now and
sent out the letters as soon
as possible to avoid postal delay.

Each person will send out 4 letters:
* 2 letters to the senators of your state: 2 copies
of
1A_Letter_GC_Filed.doc or
1B_Letter_GC_Not_Yet_Filed.doc
* 1 letter to AILA: 2_Letter_AILA.doc
* 1 generic letter: 3_Letter_Industrial_Leaders.doc

The HUB_DETAILS.xls has the postal address of your
hub volunteer and also the names of the senators of
each state.

vsaksena said:
So when was the last time there was retrogression of this magnitude in recent history? across all EB categories (1, 2nd & 3rd)?

Year 1857 during the revolt.
I heard the dates had moved back 10 years at that time.
Just kidding.

This is a new phenomenon. Its making history now.

neocor

November visa bulletin is out - EB3 BAD luck folks

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2712.html

*NOTE: For November, 2A numbers EXEMPT from per-country limit are available to applicants from all countries with priority dates earlier than 01NOV98. 2A numbers SUBJECT to per-country limit are available to applicants chargeable to all countries EXCEPT MEXICO with priority dates beginning 01NOV98 and earlier than 01DEC01. (All 2A numbers provided for MEXICO are exempt from the per-country limit; there are no 2A numbers for MEXICO subject to per-country limit.)
All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed CH IN ME PH
Employment-Based
1st C 01JAN00 01AUG02 C C
2nd C 01MAY00 01NOV99 C C
3rd 01MAR01 01MAY00 01JAN98 01JAN01 01MAR01
Schedule A Workers C C C C C
Other Workers 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00
4th C C C C C
Certain Religious Workers C C C C C
5th C C C C C
Targeted Employment Areas/Regional Centers C C C C C

The Department of State has available a recorded message with visa availability information which can be heard at: (area code 202) 663-1541. This recording will be updated in the middle of each month with information on cut-off dates for the following month.

neocor said:
If your fortune 50 lawyer has any credibility then this news is not negative at all. As long as the PD's dont move further back then it definately is good news.
But I would question the credibility of their information. As of today I dont think any lawyere would say anything at all regarding any kind of movement in Pd's. Also I dont think they have any idea what is going on with the USCIS.

But lets hope your fortune 50 lawyer really happen to know something. If so then this is definately good news that the PD's will move forward come 2006.

Everyone knows and its practically given that the dates dfinately wont move forward in the remaining months of 2005.

neocor

This is exactly I too heard from my lawyer. We need to wait till mid of Dec, to see the changes in Jan 2006 Visa Bulletin.

Redoing the calculations

Infostarved,

Could you please re-do the calculations with the scenario that spouses and kids do not get counted. How much of impact will that have ?

Infostarved, we need you......

Hey infostarved,

Long time no C? You are the best in the number game - could you please do your calcs again in the light of the new proposal. I think it should be fairly easy for you since you have already done the groundwork. Appreciate it a lot and waiting for your reply. Regards.

MDGUTS1307 said:
Infostarved,

Could you please re-do the calculations with the scenario that spouses and kids do not get counted. How much of impact will that have ?

Well I did a simple calculation on. The factor for spouse and kids are 2.13 and adding another 90,000 gives you an yearly total of 230,000. So if the new recomendation are accepted (and discounting the effect of overflow to oversubscribed countries - which might be huge, but lets make the most pessimistic calculation), you labour would be (230,000/140,000)*2.13 i.e. their would be 3.5 times more GC per year. So if you do direct math (again its simplistic, because per year, the current guys form non oversubscribed countries will eat into gc- how many, hard to predict, and of course no allowance for over flow), your GC would atleast come 3.5 times faster than it would have been otherwise. If you had to wait for 3.5 years, now you might have to wait for 1 year for your GC.

rgds,
a

If the bill passes

If the bill passes, then how soon is it going to affect our life? I mean, is it going to be applied right after or like from Oct 2006 or later?

Thanks.

Thanks Akela

Thanks Akela for your calculations.
We have to patiently wait for this provision to be signed into law.

The name "relief" implies urgency in my opinion, but it is too early. I am talking to a person in the House of Reps who should clarify hopefully next week.

sjgc1 said:
If the bill passes, then how soon is it going to affect our life? I mean, is it going to be applied right after or like from Oct 2006 or later?

Thanks.

check AC21 history

GCdreamer2006 said:
The name "relief" implies urgency in my opinion, but it is too early. I am talking to a person in the House of Reps who should clarify hopefully next week.
it would be instructive to check the history of AC21 passage, signing by the president and implenentation to understand how fast it can be expected that these provisions can be implemented. these are part of the budget reconciliation package, though; hence could be faster.

sjgc1 said:

Thanks.

This is the Budget Reconciliation Bill 2006, which is underway right now.