Retrogress Date for EB3 is Jan 01, 2002

The basics..

Guys,

Can anyone tell me what RD, ND, LUD means?. I am new to this and I am worried.

My priority date is June 2002. That is when my labor was filed with GA SWA. And today my docs for I-140/I-485/EAD and AP are being filed. I fall under the EB3 category, while initially I was told that it was EB2 as the job required Masters degree and I have a masters degree. But my lawyer said that since the labor was approved with EB3 they cannot change I-140 to EB2.

Anyway, look forward to getting educated by you guys.
Thanks,
Tim.

File fast then

LUD - Last Updated Date ( You see this on USCIS website once you create your portfolio based on the receipt numbers of all your pending cases)

RD - Receipt Date of your case given by USCIS

ND - Notice Date - Date on which USCIS put your case in their system.

You will be affected by retrogression, however if you file your 485 before 01 jan 2005, you can atleast get EAD/AP to work and move i and out of USA. So go ahead and file fast now.

Is this means my case will move faster?

My PD is in Oct 2001, EB3. Is this means my case will move faster?

Currently, I don't see any help from this retrogress come to play to help people who already submitted their applications. Please give any comments if you would.

Thanks,

Gurus,

I came to know about this useful forum through a friend. I have this question for the experts in this forum. I have my priority date of March 2002 with my current employer. But when I was with my previous employer back in 2001, I had my 1-140 approved. That I-140 had a priority date of August 2000. Someone told me that I could use that priority date. Is that true ? If yes then what do I need to do to be able to use that priority date ?

Thanks in advance

yes u can use previous employers pd.

Unless revoked pursuant to 8 CFR 205.2 for fraud or misrepresen-tation, a priority date accorded by approval of an employment-based first, second or third preference petition is retained by the beneficiary for any other first, second or third preference petition approved subsequently for the same beneficiary. In all cases, the beneficiary of multiple petitions is entitled to the earliest of the filing dates of the various petitions. b. A priority date established in the employment-based first, second or third preference category, however, is not transferable to employment-based fourth or fifth preference petitions or to a family-sponsored petition

lcmarch2002,

when u applied your latest 140 didn't you mention the Alien number , because if you had, they would have given you same priority date as in the previous 140. You should make your current employer call up and talk to USCIS and give them the old A number. See if that helps. You should get an earlier priority date by all means.

Kandyala and will_get_there,

Thank you both for your replies. we have provided the "previous immigrant petition details" in part 4, item 6 of the current I-140 application. Does that mean that USCIS would automatically consider the PD from my previous I-140 (it has not been revoked) ? Do I need to get my attorney to talk to someone at the service center ?

Thanks

Call up and check..

Call the national service center and ask them what is your priority date ? Most likelky your date would be the date from your previous application.

Hi all,

I'am new to this forum and I hope someone has answers to my doubts.
My PD is in Jan 2002 and was approved in Aug 2004.
I haven't applied for AP yet.Do I have to apply for AP before Jan 05 to be on safe side?
How does retrogression affects my case?Does anybody think retrogression helps my case?

Thanks
-----------------
Sub. Labor - EB3
140 RD - Nov 04
485 RD - Nov 04
EAD - Approved
FP -??

Last edited by a moderator:
I think as long as you have filed 485, you can file for AP any time. The requirement for AP is only a pending 485. There is no effect by PD or retrogression.

Thanks Compguy222 for the reply.Do you think retrogression helps my GC processing as my PD falls under Jan 2002

I think retrogression will not effect processing of already filed 485. Reason being retrogression is based on the no of 485's filed as compared against available no of greencards. So, 485's already filed are taken in to account to determine if there is any shortfall in greencard availability and thus retrogression.

Any thoughts?

gcsucks said:
I think retrogression will not effect processing of already filed 485. Reason being retrogression is based on the no of 485's filed as compared against available no of greencards. So, 485's already filed are taken in to account to determine if there is any shortfall in greencard availability and thus retrogression.

Any thoughts?

Processing of 485 will stop at any stage that an application's PD is no more "current". In all likelyhood they will stop the concurrent processing of not current PD applications and process the I-140 thereby allowing AC-21 to kick in. So for all purposes one can change jobs, travel (AP) etc until the final approval of I-485. The PD could improve if the next quarter Visa number allotments go below 27%. Last time retrogression happened this is how the PD moved:

Bulletin ---------- Priority
Month ---------- Date
============================
APR-2000---------->01-JAN-97
MAY-2000--------->01-FEB-97
JUN-2000----------->01-FEB97
JUL-2000---------->01-FEB-97
AUG-2000---------->01-FEB-97
SEP-2000---------->08-FEB-97
OCT-2000---------->08-FEB-97
NOV-2000---------->15-FEB-97
DEC-2000---------->08-MAR-97
JAN-2001---------->22-MAR-97
FEB-2001---------->01-MAY-97
MAR-2001---------->01-SEP-97
APR-2001---------->01-FEB-98
MAY-2001---------->01-JUL-98
JUN-2001---------->01-JAN-99
JUL-2001---------->CURRENT

Last edited by a moderator:
earlier priority date

This has reference to my earlier posts (and replies ) about being able to use an earlier priority date from a previous immigrant petition ( Please refer to posts# 24 -30 if you want to get the context of this post). My attorney has emailed me today confirming that the USCIS does allow one to use the earlier priority date.

Although the information about the previous immigrant petition was provided in my current immigrant petition , she said she would send another letter to the USCIS, mentioning my earlier priority date of Aug 2000, just to make sure that the USCIS would consider the earlier priority date of Aug 2000 rather than my current priority date of March 2002 (which is subject to retrogression).