Retrogress Date for EB3 is Jan 01, 2002

In lieu of this announcement,

Any idea what they are going to do for CONCURRENT FILED CASES ?

I mean, whether they will process I-140 (or) they keep both 140 and 485

pending till the PD reaches !!!!!

What exactly does the date mean ? Is it your labor filing date that needs to be before Jan 2002 or is it something else ?
Thanks

This is the info I needed thanks
In employment immigration the priority date may be the date the labor certification application was received by the Department of Labor (DOL)

The priority date is the date of when labor was received. If labor is approved, the date can be found at L.O on the lower right hand corner of the document.

How do we find if we have applied in EB3 OR EB2, I know this is silly at this juncture, but please provide some info .

140 Approval...

How is this going to affect on 140 approval on the concurrent cases? Will both 140 & 485 placed on hold till the PD is reached?

Thanks,
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

No idea, until more info is realeased. I am hoping atleast the I-140 is approved. Have to wait and see how the PD progresses for EB3

We both have same RD 6/8/04 - EB3. Looks like you will be fine as your PD is Oct,02. I am not sure about my PD, it may be in 2003. Did you see recent LUD in your cases? My LUD was changed on 12/06/04 in all 485-self/485-spouse/140.

Thanks,
Harry Potter

There is no recent LUD on my cases . My 485 RD is June 28 but we both have the same I-140 RD.

I dont think I will be fine because current PD is 10 months before my PD

Who gets affected?

Question to anyone who has good understanding of the implications of retrogression:
Here's my case. EB3, PD is 7/2002 which is later to 1/2002.
Concurrent 140/485: ND 4/1/2004
EAD: AD 6/2004
FP 9/2004
140 RFE 12/2004
Now, do I get affected by retrogression?

HOPEFUL_EVER,

If you were born in India, mainland China, or the Philippines, I'm afraid it will impact your case.

rgeneblazo said:
HOPEFUL_EVER,

If you were born in India, mainland China, or the Philippines, I'm afraid it will impact your case.

Thanks for the reply. Now, does getting FP not mean that a visa number has already been allotted to this case? Do they stall the 485 process of this case suddenly now?

Hi wdwlvnc

wdwlvnc said:
The priority date is the date of when labor was received. If labor is approved, the date can be found at L.O on the lower right hand corner of the document.

what do you mean by L.O. ?
can I find priority date on 1-140 or I1485 form? Is there any other way to find it too?

Thanks.

FP is not a signal that visa is available..

Till now all PDs were current so they were scheduling FPs. From Jan 05 whoever has not received FP and their PD is not current will not get the FP unless it is already in the pipeline. The case is practicaly frozen.

Last edited by a moderator: