Retention Of Priority Date

yellowrocks

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

If my older I-140 for EB3 is approved in 2004 with PRIORITY DATE of 2003, and if my current Employer Files again in EB2 for me, can i continue priority date of 2003 or i will get new priority date?

My I 485 was also filed
Can I 485 be re-filed or how does it work?

Hi all

If my older I-140 for EB3 is approved in 2004 with PRIORITY DATE of 2003, and if my current Employer Files again in EB2 for me, can i continue priority date of 2003 or i will get new priority date?
-----------------you can get old PD, at the time of filing second I-140 write your A# on I-140 form and request the lawyer to capture early PD.

My I 485 was also filed
Can I 485 be re-filed or how does it work?
--------------If I-485 is still pending then Interfile the second I-140 approval copy with pending I-485 and request USCIS to approve the I-485 based on second I-140.

-----------------

Ginnu Please assist

Please answer this
If i file EB2 application with another company and ask USCIS to retain same priority date, will that happen? Will they consider.
Because at the time of older priority date, which is 2004, my Master's was not completed.
Its completed after that.
Will USCIS Consider?

Please answer this
If i file EB2 application with another company and ask USCIS to retain same priority date, will that happen? Will they consider.
-----------------YES, USCIS has MEMO for that and your lawyer should know what to write on cover letter

Because at the time of older priority date, which is 2004, my Master's was not completed.
-----------------it does not matter. if one has EB3 I-140 approved in past and second I-140 is EB2 still one can retain Old PD

Its completed after that.
Will USCIS Consider

*** Go to your lawyer once second I-140 gets approved or when file second I-140 with copy of past approved I-140 or any evidence.

QUESTION for GINNU and ALL GURUS

I have approved I-140 under EB3 and filled another Labor under EB2 and on approval cuncurrently filled I-140 & 485 with a request to port old priority date based on my approved EB3 I-140 although my EB2 date is current.

My older priorty date is Oct/2003 under EB3 may become current while my EB2 I-140/485 still in pending status.
If my older priority become current what is need to be done to attach that I-140 for the pending 485?

Do I need to re-file 485 with Old I-140 under EB2?
Or I need to do some other filling/steps?

Please advise !!

QUESTION for GINNU and ALL GURUS

I have approved I-140 under EB3 and filled another Labor under EB2 and on approval cuncurrently filled I-140 & 485 with a request to port old priority date based on my approved EB3 I-140 although my EB2 date is current.

My older priorty date is Oct/2003 under EB3 may become current while my EB2 I-140/485 still in pending status.
If my older priority become current what is need to be done to attach that I-140 for the pending 485?
------------------------INTERFILE the new I-140 copy with pending I-485. ask your lawyer to do it
Do I need to re-file 485 with Old I-140 under EB2?
-----------If I-485 is still pending Interfile New I-140 copy and request USCIS to approve I-485 based on new I-140 and also send new I-140 employer letter to USCIS where I-485 is PENDING
Or I need to do some other filling/steps?
----------------make request to INTERFILE new I-140 approval copy with pending I-485
Please advise !!
--------------

GINNU- Can you clear what do you mean by Interfile NEW I-140 with pending I-485.
I already have old I-140 approved under EB2 but I have pending I-140 and I-495 under EB2.
Can I still do INTERFILE with OLD APPROVED EB2 I-140 for pending I-485 which is filed and pending under EB2????

GINNU- Can you clear what do you mean by Interfile NEW I-140 with pending I-485.
----------------- YOU or your lawyer sends the copy of I-485 filing reciept+ copy of new I-140 approval and make the request to Interfile with PENDING I-485 and also send the new employer job offer letter if you want your I-485 to be approved based on second I-140. explain everything on Cover letter.
I already have old I-140 approved under EB2 but I have pending I-140 and I-495 under EB2.
Can I still do INTERFILE with OLD APPROVED EB2 I-140 for pending I-485 which is filed and pending under EB2????
----------------------- you CAN file second I-140 approval copy with Pending I-485 and make request to USCIS to approve the I-485 based on second I-140
----------------

PD CANNOT be ported if earlier employer withdraws old I-140

The law is clear:

8 CFR 204.5(e) states:

"A petition approved on behalf of an alien under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or
(3) of the Act accords the alien the priority date of the approved petition
for any subsequently filed petition for any classification under sections
203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act for which the alien may qualify. In the
event that the alien is the beneficiary of multiple petitions under sections
203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act, the alien shall be entitled to the
earliest priority date. A petition revoked under sections 204(e) or 205 of
the Act will not confer a priority date, nor will any priority date be
established as a result of a denied petition. A priority date is not
transferable to another alien." (Emphasis added).

This regulation says a priority date will not be retained for a petition
revoked under section 205 of the Act. Section 205 of the Act states:

"The Secretary of Homeland Security may, at any time, for what he deems to
be good and sufficient cause, revoke the approval of any petition approved
by him under section 204. Such revocation shall be effective as of the date
of approval of any such petition."

This encompasses revocation for any reason, not just for fraud or willful
misrepresentation. The regulations interpreting INA 205 further state, at 8
CFR 205.1(a)(iii)(C) that an I-140 petition shall be automatically revoked
"Upon written notice of withdrawal filed by the petitioner, in
employment-based preference cases, with any officer of the Service who is
authorized to grant or deny petitions."

Thus, under the law and regulations, when an employment-based I-140
petitioner withdraws an I-140 petition because the beneficiary no longer
works for him or her, USCIS automatically revokes the petition which
triggers 8 CFR 204.5(e), stating that the revoked petition does not confer a
priority date.

I thought employer cannot revoke approved I 140???
-----------------------------------Employer can revoke approved I-140 and if employer revoke the approved I-140 for you then still you carry the old PD with YOU and you or your lawyer at the time of second I-140 can recapture early PD

WHERE DOES IT SAy so?

(e) Retention of section 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) priority date. -- A petition approved on behalf of an alien under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act accords the alien the priority date of the approved petition for any subsequently filed petition for any classification under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act for which the alien may qualify. In the event that the alien is the beneficiary of multiple petitions under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act, the alien shall be entitled to the earliest priority date. A petition revoked under sections 204(e) or 205 of the Act will not confer a priority date, nor will any priority date be established as a result of a denied petition. A priority date is not transferable to another alien.

* also read the below Links:
PD Recapture info
http://www.cyrusmehta.com/related/Pearson-May-9-2000-Memo2.pdf
http://www.ilw.com/articles/2005,1004-mehta.shtm
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDinsigs.html

Ginnu Please assist

Ginnu
While filing New Labor, Can my current employer show same job description as shown earlier,
only requirements will be little different,now with Masters plus 6 months

One more question

When new labor gets approved, can i file I 140 and I 485 for my wife bcoz then EB2 will be current based on my older priority date
How do we go about it?

Please advise

I have EB3 PD Sep 2002 I-140(TSC)approved and EB2 PD 2005 I-140(NSC) approved(both are from same company).

In Feb 2007,have appied for I-485(with cover letter to port EB3 date on to EB2 case) and AP,EAD is approved.

But my company has some issues(licence issues and Tax Returns Issues),so USCIS(NSC) revoked my EB2 I-140 2 weeks back,but have not received anything on I-485 yet.

My questions are
1.Do I have to take any action on currently pending I-485? or USCIS will automatically consider my case under EB3(even after PD is ported)?
2.Do I have to withdraw currently pending
I-485 and apply for new I-485 with EB3 date?
3.Just file new EB3 I-485?

Please advise.
Thanks