max1795

Group: Members

Timeline Photos

Immigration Information

Filed for:
N/A

Filing Location:
N/A

Hello, I would like to apply for citizenship but I have a problem. 10 years ago I had a restraining order against me in my home country. It was the lesser type, meaning it wasn't for violence or anything like that. I disputed it and was told that as long as I didn't break it it was nothing. So I didn't break it and nothing went on my record (in my home country restraining orders do not go on your record unless you break them). Now reading some posts I think I should have disclosed this to USCIS. I didn't as I didn't think the restraining order was an issue. I was never arrested, detained or put in jail. I wasn't given an alternative sentence or otherwise. I know on the I-751 in asks "Since becoming a conditional resident, have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinace (excluding traffic regulations), or committed any crime for which you were not arrested? That is a no for my entire life. When this happened I was told that as long as I don't break it I haven't done anything wrong that it is nothing to worry about. So what should I do? I wasn't trying to hide anything and now I'm think I may have made a mistake.

I wouldn't worry about it since it happened so long ago in your home country and never went on record.

Don't worry about it. Don't make things complicated for yourself by mentioning this to the IO. Good luck!