Rest of the 6th Year and 7 year ext at same time

mmillo

Registered Users (C)
1)Is it possible to apply a H1 extension for 7 months towards the 6 th year and
the 7 the year ( PD date May 2003) at the same time

2)
I-94 valid till Sep 10th 2005 ,stamping till aug 31 2005, But Passport expired Feb 2004,Got new passport.
will this create any problem

I have the same question. My current H1 expires on July 22, 2005. I complete my six years on March 15, 2006. I have my Labor certification pending since October 2002. Can I apply for simultaneous extension for remainder of my six years and the seventh year extension based on a pending labor certification application?

mmillo said:

Yes. You will get your 7th year extn for 1 yr 7 months instead of just one year.2)
I-94 valid till Sep 10th 2005 ,stamping till aug 31 2005, But Passport expired Feb 2004,Got new passport.
will this create any problem No.[/QUOTE]

great guru said:
mmillo said:

Yes. You will get your 7th year extn for 1 yr 7 months instead of just one year.2)
will this create any problem No.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same situation before.Per my attorney suggestion,safer side I had to apply separatly as the H1b 7th extension will not be given until full 6 years are utilized.Hope this helps

WaitingonLC said:
I was in the same situation before.Per my attorney suggestion,safer side I had to apply separatly as the H1b 7th extension will not be given until full 6 years are utilized.Hope this helps

Your attorney suggestion is not OK
Per visa stamped or I 94 your 6 years period is over.

Here you are recapturing the days which you are not staying in USA. INS does not have any record on this matter. So you can go for 7th year extn and the same time recapture the days , you had not stayed in the USA.

Last edited by a moderator: