Response from USCIS regarding 485 query

Who ever has filed before (Processing Date - 30 days) should be eligible for this ... AND it should cover all service center...

Let us use petiotion online

Last edited by a moderator:
Name check

Yes guys , we should do something for this name check . June , july and august filers are victims for this name check.

June filer
140 Approved
485 ???

Guys,
It's just not from June. My case is March '04 and I am sure there are a lot of guys even before me who are still waiting for their name check. I think we have to be patient for some more time. I have seen people who have been waiting for more than a year for name check. Probabaly United Nation can give us some suggestion for people who are waiting for less than a year for name check pending.

I am also waiting since March'04 with many many others. It's just that I am too tired of waiting around.....
If you guys really want to make a case, take our cases rather than July/August.
If they improve their process for us, u will anywayz be benefited.

Guys,
I am also ready to sign the joint request. My 485 receipt date is Dec 15, 2003.

sonpapdi said:
I agree on all of you with your ideas. I think there is no harm in submitting a request to FBI with all the signatures. But for that we have to find out who really qualifies like Only applicants who filed in Jun/Jul/Aug or some other dates too ? This will decrease the applicants but will help us to know what happened to that CD or whatever the means of data they transmitted between those three months.

So let's start discussing basic information about :
-Who will qualify for this process(signature)
-Did anyone recieved emails from FBI that their application is pending. My suggestion for this is they don't qualify for the signatures since it is assumed that their information was transmitted to NNCP by USCIS.
-How should we all collect and write a nice letter to NNCP ?

-Sonpapdi

Go United!!

Don't just focus on June/July/August. I know someone waiting for name check since Oct 2001. It is a much larger issue than just June/July/August. In my opinion Grab is a better word than beg in this case. Lawsuit is sounding me a good option through sending collective memorandum is not a bad idea to start with. If we all play united we will get the result fast. By the way I am waiting since May'2004.

While it would be ideal to address old cases - statistically June/July/Aug cases
seem to have a different pattern. There are some exceptions like 2001 cases
but on this whole we aren't seeing many of them.

Please see Ananya123's thread regarding people waiting I-485. You'll see
June/July/Aug category prevails.

Let us not focus on time but on the pain

And there are so many from Sept / Oct 2004 as well.

I think, we should not focus on the time but on the pain. A larger spectrum of data would consolidate the case.

If we have cases of 2003 and 2004, we would get more liverage to prove the inefficiency of name check process.

In my openion, whenever you have larger spectrum, it provides more variation of data, and older the pain, more chronic it becomes, making it easier to ask for remediation.

The last think we would like to do is providing recent cases ONLY, giving them wrong sense of Efficiency.

outletvolt1 said:
While it would be ideal to address old cases - statistically June/July/Aug cases

outletvolt1 said:

You did not get the point.

Even you proved that name check is inefficient by presenting cases in 3 months span, then what? You can prove that Mr. Hardy's claim before congress that 99% of names will be cleared in 3 months doesn't reflect the truth, then what? Is the government whose budget written in red ink willing to spend more money to do a favor for a group of immigrants? Can our complaint make those dumb analysts and funcky database a lot more intelligent?

Delay of I-485 was brought up to CIS about a year ago, Mr. Yates even refused to issue an applogy because " they identified a few persons threatening national security".

We ain't expediting name check. This is hopeless fight because national security is on top of justice and fairness, that is the cold fact.

What we can fight for are some rights of leagal PR when name check is pending. Like unexpired EAD and AP and unconditional approval of GC when name check is cleared. A conditional GC might be sweeter. Don't give them a chance to make national security as the excuse.

In this case, we need to have more people join us. The more, the better. Along with some painful experience and sad stories which can make us in better position to ask remedies.

I really had a bad feeling about new issued AC21 Memo. It brings something good but dooes it mean that CIS is projecting more I-485 delay? We need to tell them that is not enough and we need to be treated like PR as close as it could be.

Forget about a fast track of name check and more efficient work of FBI. That is something you CANNOT get.

FBI Name Check - Updates CA USCIS EB2 RIR Concurrent Filing

I140/485/131/765 RD: 08/20
I485 LUD: 9/11
FP ND: 9/15
FP Received in mail: 9/17
FP APPT: 10/29
Another FP Received in mail: 9/21
FP APPT: 09/22
FP Done : 09/22
I485 LUD : 09/24
I131 Approved : 09/26
I765 Approved : 09/27
I140 : NO UPDATES, but my attorney received the I140 APPROVAL LETTER from USCIS. NO updates on USCIS Web Site. As per my attorney it happens
I485 : NO UPDATES, FAX Inquiry sent to USCIS CA 04/20/2005 NO REPLY
I485 : NO UPDATES, EMAIL Inquiry sent to USCIS CA 05/23/2005. REPLY RECEIVED 05/24/2005. Replies says "NAME CHECK RESULT AWAITED FROM FBI"

As per my attorney
- This is normal and it does take time to do name check
- They can not send any inquiry for next 6 months to USCIS
- There is no way for them to check with FBI

In a nutshell, we will continue to suffer. This is sooo frustrating.

Is there anyone in this forum who could guide me to do find more about name check process and how can I contact FBI and is it advisable ?

Thanks in advance

name check ?? why does it take so long

How can we find out in what state is our application stuck?? its so frustrating that USCIS is not answerable . I don't even know whats the status of my 485 application? On filing the enquiry , USCIS may not reply. Then the second enquiry can be filed only after a month. What is this crazy process??

Attorney (Rajiv Khanna) please suggest how can we expedite the process?

Somebody mentioned in this thread to send a letter to the senator or congressman . Mr Khanna , can u mediate this process. Why does not USCIS tell us in which state the application is stuck. why does it take so long for them to respond ??

My details are:
I-485/I-140 concurrent filing - RD - Oct 20 2004
I-140 AD - April 27 2005
I-485 - Pending

I see so many cases filed concurrently(in october/november/december) are being approved.. Both mine and my spouse's names are very unique and we are from India. I do not see any reason why our name should be stuck in background check?? And worst of all we don't even know whether we are stuck in background check or not. But I think the default answer that USCIS gives after an enquiry is that "name check is pending".

Mr Rajiv Khanna, could you please write a letter to FBI that they cannot take forever for clearing background check. you'll have the support from all of us.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why Rajiv is going to write? This is we, who should write and file for a lawsuit.. Although group lawsuit is not suggested ,,, But I guess we should try it .. what is gonna cost $300 (Cost equal to EAD + AP reewal )...If we get 20+ people ...

I am in tooo,
I am also waiting for I485 approval from the last 1 year.

I did not get any letter / notice /info from uscis or FBI, so i don't know where is my case? is it in name check? or is it in security/background check?

My lawyer says he can not do anything but to send USCIS email in every 30 days.

This is very FRUSTRATING.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any body please provide info how to meet congress man? I am in bayarea.

Looking - I am on. Maybe we can have a show of hands for those interested, so we can have ACLU involved, too - or hire a lawyer as a group? Folks, let's have a count (also how long the namecheck was pending) of potential litigants. I'll dash a letter to ACLU this weekend and post it for group's approval then.

Shrek (no, I am not a lawyer, I'm another poor bastard sick of name check delays)

looking_for_gc said:
Why Rajiv is going to write? This is we, who should write and file for a lawsuit.. Although group lawsuit is suggested ,,, But I guess we should try it .. what is gonna cost $300 (Cost equal to EAD + AP reewal )...If we get 20+ people ...

I may have to join the gang....

All:

It is very likely that I will get stuck in a name check since I had DWI in 1997....or so my lawyer says.....i still havent got a FP notice....but I will support and participate in your joint efforts with any symbolic or material means possible for me.....I cant do anything right now since I dont even know if I will go through a name check or not.....been in this country for 11 years and still waiting...and waiting...and waiting..... :( :( :(

EB2 CSC Center Concurrent Filling, Own Labor

I-485 RD 04/14/05 ND 04/19/05, LUD 04/25/05
I-140 RD 04/14/05 ND 04/19/05, LUD 04/25/05
I-131 RD 04/14/05 ND 04/19/05, LUD 05/31/05, Received on 6/6/05
I-765 04/14/05 ND 04/19/05, LUD 05/19/05, Received on 5/27/05
No FP notice yet

Count me in.

485 Receipt date : 12/2003
EB2 / RIR

Call me Shrek said:
Looking - I am on. Maybe we can have a show of hands for those interested, so we can have ACLU involved, too - or hire a lawyer as a group? Folks, let's have a count (also how long the namecheck was pending) of potential litigants. I'll dash a letter to ACLU this weekend and post it for group's approval then.

Shrek (no, I am not a lawyer, I'm another poor bastard sick of name check delays)