Response from USCIS regarding 485 query

outletvolt1

Registered Users (C)
Today my lawyers received following response from USCIS regarding
query they sent (presumably via email) about a month ago.

"The I-485 in question is still pending a FBI name check clearance. After
the file has been cleared by FBI, the file will be adjudicated. USCIS has
NO control over how long it takes FBI to clear the case.We apologize for
the delay in responding to this email.

Thank You
Center Adjudications Officer
Div XII, California Service Center"

I can't imagine why FBI is taking time to namecheck. My name is quite
unique and according to my lawyers I am not from "sensitive" country.

I sent email yesterday morning to division XII and got respose at evening which said exactly same thing as yours. I was surprised the fast respose thoug the outcome is not promising. I guess that's the template of anybody got stuck.
My name is also absolutely unique and came from "good" country. Really head scratching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same response here

Hi,

I also got exactly same response this morning.
I think they ran batch job of sending same email to all who quried.

same security clearance response

I filed 140 and 485 in Aug 2004 , i got my 140 on 3/31/05
waiting for 485, got the same FBI name clearance response (to my lawyer)

does anyone know how to expediate name check process.

same here dudes ..

My Laywer also recvd the same reply today and asked me to wait for another 180 days. This is just so stupid. Just don't know how to handle this cra_y Namecheck. Sent emails (4-5) times and no response from those folks. I am just wondering what is the cause for this pain ??

-Sonpapdi :mad:
I1485 RD Aug
I140- Approved

Had a wild guess. Since FBI sends the results in batch once in a while by means of CD or whatever, it may happen that one of the CDs got lost during the transportation process and that CD unfortunately contains the name check results for a lot of June, July and August filers.

It is really shameful that we have to go thru such pain.

I am with you for sending the combined letter to FBI.
I think, something must be done to shake these sleeping creatures if we want our 485 to be processed.

The irony is that there is no date for which the name checks have got cleared or being processed, as such USCIS has no accountability for that.

outletvolt1 said:
I think we should all contact FBI at once. I am sure something is going rotten
in the state of Denmark !

GC_GoneCase said:
It is really shameful that we have to go thru such pain.

I am with you for sending the combined letter to FBI.
I think, something must be done to shake these sleeping creatures if we want our 485 to be processed.

The irony is that there is no date for which the name checks have got cleared or being processed, as such USCIS has no accountability for that.

Guys, we need collective efforts, if we want to make something happen. Maybe we need a compose a letter with hundreds of signatures which will draw enough attention. If there is no response, we need to escalate it! Send it to FBI director, CIS director, lawmakers, even the president. If still no response, we may go to the public media. It is a system problem which won't be fixed by any individual inquiry or small lawsuit.

I am not good in writing, but I will definately sign. Just my 2 cents.

Here are things clearly not right

1. FBI is given unlimited time for Name Check.
2. FBI does not release any record to FOIA request.
3. FBI need half year to respond Email reuqest.
4. FBI need months to reply snail mail request.

In case some pro politician uses national security as excuse, we can offer a solution:

If anyone's name check is pending more than one year, his I 485 need to be reviewed and processed and a conditional greencard need to be issued if his case has no other problem. I think this is relatively easy for them to do, only if they realize that the name check is indeed a problem for many many legal immigrants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get a LUD for inquiry?

For those sent an inquiry and got response, did you get a LUD for the inquiry? My laywer sent inquiry and got the response, but I didn't have a LUD for my case. I am wondering INS just automatically reply inquiry without looking at your case.

485 Inquiry

Hi Guys,
I am in the same situation as all of you.
My LUD has not chnged. When I tried to check my status calling the toll free number it says the system is down. How about you guys? Did you guys check the status calling the toll free number?

If you call the toll free number to check the status, it just tells you the exactly same as the online one.

Let's then get started !!

I agree on all of you with your ideas. I think there is no harm in submitting a request to FBI with all the signatures. But for that we have to find out who really qualifies like Only applicants who filed in Jun/Jul/Aug or some other dates too ? This will decrease the applicants but will help us to know what happened to that CD or whatever the means of data they transmitted between those three months.

So let's start discussing basic information about :
-Who will qualify for this process(signature)
-Did anyone recieved emails from FBI that their application is pending. My suggestion for this is they don't qualify for the signatures since it is assumed that their information was transmitted to NNCP by USCIS.
-How should we all collect and write a nice letter to NNCP ?

-Sonpapdi

anyone who filed in Aug 04 , got approved ??

are there any cases which were filed in Jun/Jul/Aug 04 got approved ?
let's start adding name (usernames) and status

gc_seeker2004 140 AD 3/31/05 , 485 pending FBI name check clearance.