Response from DO via email

sanGC

Registered Users (C)
Called 800 number on May 29th. The Customer service rep took all my information. I got following email from USCIS-CRIS@dhs.gov.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
USCIS
34 Civic Center Plaza, 1st Floor - Mail Room Santa Ana,CA 92701

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Friday, May 30, 2008

Emailed to

Dear M. XXXX:

On 05/29/2008 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- N400

Filing date:
-- 04/26/2007

Receipt #:
-- WSC*XXXXXXX

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):
-- Information not available

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently pending scheduling for interview. You should receive an interview appointment or notice of other action within 120 days of the date of this letter.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must also notify the Department of Homeland Security within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). If you have moved, please complete a Form AR-11 and mail it to the address shown on that form. If you do not have this form, you can download it from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. If you move, please call us with your new address information as soon as your move is complete. If you have already called us and given us this information, you do not need to call again.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

N-400 mailed - 26/04/2007
Received Date - 03/05/2007
FP Notice - 05/23/2007
FP Date/Done - 05/24/2008
INfopass - 12/19/2007 - Stuck in name check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I spoke to an IO, she opened a service request for me, although I'm within the posted processing times. I received a reply via U.S. Mail, stating the same exact thing as sanGC's response. Mine, however, had 60 days, instead of 120 days. 60 days is equivalent to the infamous "1-2 months" timeframe that IOs liberally throw around!

sanGC, is your DO Santa Ana? they started to process August 07, so if you don't get IL soon i'd prepare for WOM just in case

i wonder if we can e-mail to that address USCIS-CRIS@dhs.gov ?

would it be same as calling 800# and transferred to IO???

Last edited by a moderator:
My DO is Santa Ana. I just got done with intopass appointment today. IO told me the same thing. “currently pending scheduling for interview”. Then I asked if my background checks complete. IO said the background checks are completed on may 20th 2008. I’ll just wait another couple of weeks and get another infopass appointment to see if they tell me the same story.

IL Received

Finally I got the interview letter in mail yesterday. It is scheduled for Aug 1st.

Santa Ana DO.
N-400 mailed - 26/04/2007
Received Date - 03/05/2007
FP Notice - 05/23/2007
FP Date/Done - 05/24/2008
Infopass1 - 12/19/2007
Infopass2 - 06/06/2008
IL - 08/01/2008 :)