"Resident Since" on Plastic Card?

srk77

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We received our cards today. All the information look correct except for "Resident Since" which I am not sure.

The following are the dates on our I485 approval notices.

Notice Date: December 2, 2004
Priority Date: December 27, 2001

So I thought "Resident Since" column would show as "December 2, 2004".

But "Resident Since" on my card (primary applicant) show as:

December 1, 2004. (one day less??)

and on my wife's card, it printed as

December 27, 2001 (this is our priority date)

I am not sure if above information printed on cards is correct or not or a typo by USCIS.

Anybody have a similar experience?

Your reply is appreciated. Thanks!

Hello SRK,

I did get your msg. I remember seeing my card " residence since December 2, 2004" thats the day our petition got approved. there is no priority date mentioned in our card and the validity is for 10 years from the date of issue of card which is Jan 7, 2005.

let me know if you need any additional info.

SRK, I think what you are asking is why was your wife's date the priority date, while yours was the actual date. I think (!!!!) It's a mistake. If she applies for citizenship they will catch the mistake and deny her. Just to be on the safe side, I would ask the attorney.

Hope it helps,

gvaknin said:
SRK, I think what you are asking is why was your wife's date the priority date, while yours was the actual date. I think (!!!!) It's a mistake.

--- YES it is USCIS mistake and she should take infopass , go to Local USCIS and need to meet Immigration officer so that officer can correct the Info in CLAIMS and they will order new Card for her, she should also take 2 passport style photographs they will correct the info in USCIS computer and will again take her Fingerprint and Signature on white form and will send it to Card production unit, no fees will be charged as it is USCIS mistake, she has to fill form I-90
If she applies for citizenship they will catch the mistake and deny her
--that is correct
Just to be on the safe side, I would ask the attorney.
------ She needs to Visit Local USCIS for correction on the Card,attorney cant help her
Hope it helps,

Nathang said:
Hello SRK,

I did get your msg. I remember seeing my card " residence since December 2, 2004" thats the day our petition got approved. there is no priority date mentioned in our card and the validity is for 10 years from the date of issue of card which is Jan 7, 2005.

let me know if you need any additional info.

thanks everybody for the replies. I would get the information corrected.

srk77

We are on the same page.

Resident Since on my wife's card : 11/01/2001 <-- My PD of Labor
But, Resident Since on my card : 06/15/2004 <-- My I485 AD

I checked my wife and my passport stamp. My wife's stamp also shows Resident Since 11/01/2001 whereas mine says 06/15/2004.
Did you check your wife's passport stamp?

I asked my attorney for this issue, but he didn't answer.
Please post it when you do any action.

Thanks

- KIH

My Wife's card(and stamp on passport) has my priority date, while my card(and passport) has my I-485 approval date.

AD: 11/17/2004
PS: 11/30/2004
CO: 12/14/2004
CM: 12/20/2004
CR: 12/24/2004

Probability

IFiledOct2002 and srk77,

What is the probability of all wives' resident since are Priority date and husbands' resident since are Approval date as typo among the our 6 cases?

Thank you for your advance.

- KIH

KIH said:
IFiledOct2002 and srk77,

What is the probability of all wives' resident since are Priority date and husbands' resident since are Approval date as typo among the our 6 cases?

Thank you for your advance.

- KIH

I checked my wife's passport, Approval date is properly printed.
So in our cases it's only our plastic cards that these dates are printed wrong.
I checked with my lawyer and he says that they need to be corrected.
Shoot...in my case it is off by only one day and lawyer still recommends for the change. :)

Thank you, srk77

srk77,

I will contact my lawyer again to correct Resident Since date for my wife.
I appreciate you.

- KIH

I am a little confused

What should the actual date for "resident since" be on the physical card ?

Should it be the date of approval or should it be the date of stamping ?

shekhars said:

I believe it should be the approval date.

From what I have researched, and asked around, I believe the incorrect "Resident Since" date should not be an issue. It is not a critical piece of information like Name, Date of Birth, or Expiration date. If you look closely at the bottom of your PR card, your 485 case number is embedded(i.e SRC02xxxxxxxxx). So, they can always verify your correct "Resident Since" date.

The only time the "Resident Since" date would be used would be filing for citizenship. By filing prior to the eligibility period(i.e. Upon completion of 5 years as a PR), and stipulating the incorrect "Resident Since" date would be FRAUD. And I doubt, anyone of us would do that !!!

This is my 2 cents......

Incorrect Resident From date on green card

Hi,

I have a similar error on my card... The 'resident from' date is 12/13/04, while my petition approval date is 01/03/05. My passport stamp has the correct information, it says DOE is 01/03/05.

I have emailed my lawyers to find out what needs to be done, but it sounds from this thread that a new card will have to be ordered... *sigh*.

I will keep you posted on what the lawyers say.

My wife (derivative adjustment) has her passport stamping this week, hopefully her stamp/card will come out correct.

Thanks!

shekhars said:

Resident Since should be the actual date of 485 approval, since that is the day you (and your derivative(s)) became lawful permanent residents. Any other date is a mistake and should be corrected NOW before it becomes an issue if applying for citizenship later. In our case, both mine and my wife's cards had the correct date on them - the date our 485s were approved. It seems like someone doing the data entry at the card processing center is getting confused.

My I-485 was transfred to Local office for Interview
My Interview was on December 7,2004 and I got approved on that day december 7.2004 and also got the stamp in passport same day.
Later I got the Card and it says:
Resident Since:12/07/04

is that correct?
or it should be: 07/12/04????

Spoke to the USCIS Customer Service Center

Hi,

The 'Resident Since' date on my green card is a few weeks earlier than my 485 approval notice date. (12/13/04 v 01/03/05).

I called the national customer service center and spoke to a representative there, and was told that I didn't need to worry about this. She said that the date on the card would be the date that they would go by.

Anyone else get the same information from the USCIS?

Thanks!

saathia said:
My I-485 was transfred to Local office for Interview
My Interview was on December 7,2004 and I got approved on that day december 7.2004 and also got the stamp in passport same day.
Later I got the Card and it says:
Resident Since:12/07/04

is that correct?
or it should be: 07/12/04????

The American system of dates is typically MM/DD/YR, so your card is correct. (DD/MM/YR is the European system).

Spoke to my lawyer as well

Hi,

With regard to the incorrect 'Resident since' date on the green card, my lawyer confirmed what the USCIS told me: that an 'incorrect' date is not a problem. Ultimately though I believe the 485 approval date would govern, when it came to filing for citizenship.

Thanks!