Residence in G-325a

dragon12345

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I am filing AOS to GC for my mother who is holding B1/B2 visa. She has been visiting me once a year in the last few years. And stayed with me for several months each time. How should I fill the Residence in G-325a. I am thinking to list out all the places (hometown=>US (when she visits)=>hometown=>US etc ....) And this cannot fit the boxes. So I will add a paper. Does that make sense? Any advice? Thanks a lot!

You don't want to give the impression that she has been "living in the U.S. on tourist visa". Also, what is "several" months? Is it always 6 months and a failed I-539?

If she had stayed at a Marriott, EconoLodge, or Holiday Inn, she would not list those addresses.

Hi BigJoe5, thanks! Yes, you are right, 4-6 months. And we did have a failed I-539 also. But she stayed with me during those time. But isn't that they know she has been to here frequently from the passport stamps? what should I do?

Hi BigJoe5, so do you mean if she has ""living in the U.S. on tourist visa", they can reject her application although she has never violated any rules? Thanks!

Hi BigJoe5 and all,

Sorry for my bad apprehensive skill! But I would like to confirm with everyone if what I put is correct. Again, my mother has visitor visa and has been here several times in the last 5 years and stayed with me several months each time. Now I am doing AOS for her as she's in the US. In G-325a, I will put her home town address (which she has been living for >10 years) in

Applicant's residence last five years

and ALSO

Applicant's last address outside the United States of more than 1 year.

Any problem with this? The reason is that every time she visits me, she's a visitor and my home is just like a hotel to her. So her residence so far has not changed but still her home town one. Thanks a lot!