• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Rescheduling interview appointment?

jackoncrack

Hi people,
as you can see from my signature my interview appoint was scheduled to take place in January. Since I want to travel to the U.S. in September 2010 for other reasons, I want to use this to activate the temporary green card visa. (assuming one would be issued to me...)

Now, because the temporary visa is only valid for 6 month, I thought about rescheduling my appointment with the consulate or asking them to postpone a possible issuance. The appoint could for example be in april or may, and I would have a valid visa in September.

Can you tell me if this is too risky, in the sense, that maybe there won't be visas available anymore in april/may? Does it matter that my case number was already current in January if i postpone the appointment?

Please give me some advice.

Every one wants to have a GC as soon as possible but you want to delay your interviewn and increase your risk?

Good luck...!

everyone wants to have a gc as soon as possible? i doubt that.. maybe the majority, .. well at least not in my case.

I can't make it before September to the U.S... ok i could fly there for a day and return, just to have it activated... but thats exactly why i am asking.

How uncertain is it that a visa will be issued in april because of no remaining visa numbers? I mean theres regular gc winners that expect their interviews in april, may, all the way to september right?

everyone wants to have a gc as soon as possible? i doubt that.. maybe the majority, .. well at least not in my case.

I can't make it before September to the U.S... ok i could fly there for a day and return, just to have it activated... but thats exactly why i am asking.

How uncertain is it that a visa will be issued in april because of no remaining visa numbers? I mean theres regular gc winners that expect their interviews in april, may, all the way to september right?

Hello jackoncrack,

Due to the nature of the DV makes it risky to delay the processing. I would not suggest to reschedule the appointment unless it is necessary.

Also, be aware that there are some requirements that you need to follow in order to maintain your Permanent Residence status (just in case that you are planning on not living in the US). Here is some information: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=3f443a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Good luck!

If at the time of your appointment something comes up and USCIS has to do more checks, you might run out of time or USCIS might run of GC...you take a gamble....as far as I know previous weren't reached the 50,000 GC....but do you want to gamble or risk anything?

i know about the requirements for maintaining residency status.. and thats not a problem, since I want to live there.
It's just that i thought its not reasonable to fly to the U.S. in lets say july (just to activate) go back... since i have to... and then from September on return to the U.S. again to live there.
Anyway, thanks for your thoughts