Requirement for citizenship - 3month stay

GiveMeVisa

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys I've received my GC (through employment) in Jun 07. Since then I have travel abroad approximately 1 month/year. I have been residing in the same state the entire time I have my GC (which is more than half of the 5 year residence period).

Because of some personal issues I might be required to leave the country sometime this year for an extended amount of time. I'm planning though to continue coming back to the States every few months (no more than 6 months away time).

Since I have already resided within the State in which I'm planning to file, then the only continues stay within the US will be the time from the date of the application up to the time of admission to citizenship (Oath). Is that correct or I'm missing something?

And a second question can I assume a ball park processing time from N-400 till oath of 3 months? I guess I said 3 months since they are allowing you to file 90days prior to the 5year residency requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Continuous residence must be met up until oath. If you file before you leave you risk missing FP and interview if you have no one checking your mail (mail forwarding won't necessarily work with USCIS mail). It's doable, but you have to make sure you have someone checking your mail and be ready to return to US within a moment's notice.

Assume 5 months for entire process, not 3 months. Applying earlier doesn't result in faster processing, bur rather sooner processing.