Request for information about Re-entry on Greencard

virtuoso

Registered Users (C)
All,

I am from India. I have received my GC more than 2 years ago. I will be visiting India on a Business Trip (I will be there to guide mobile telcom network installation of a big player) for for a little more than 4 weeks. My trip will commence on the Labor day weekend. This is my first long trip after getting my GC.

I recently visited Canada for a day (again on business). No questions were asked at broder crossing at Niagara.

What kind of documents do I need to show on my return from India? Are there any other formalities that I need to complete before my trip?

Many Thanks

virtuoso said:
All,

I am from India. I have received my GC more than 2 years ago. I will be visiting India on a Business Trip (I will be there to guide mobile telcom network installation of a big player) for for a little more than 4 weeks. My trip will commence on the Labor day weekend. This is my first long trip after getting my GC.

I recently visited Canada for a day (again on business). No questions were asked at broder crossing at Niagara.

What kind of documents do I need to show on my return from India? Are there any other formalities that I need to complete before my trip?

Many Thanks

show your GC and passport

As Ginnu has said, present your passport and GC to the POE officer. You will likely be asked some typical questions: how long have you been away, what do you do, were you away on business or pleasure? (I am always asked these questions on return business trips from Asia). Just answer the questions and your passport will likely be stamped with the date and handwritten "ARC" which means Alient Resident Card. 4 weeks is not a long time away and should not invoke any particularly detailed questioning. Enjoy your trip!