Request For Evidence

bobfrmEnzyte

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We live in the Chicago area.I filed for citizenship for my wife in October (Priority date 10/1). She got her finger prints done on 11/5. When I check her case status on USCIS website, it says that they requested evidence on 10/15. I have read on these forums that when they send the letter for finger printing the site shows the status of Request For Evidence. So the question is am I correct and the Request For Evidence is for finger printing because I did not receive any other letter or should we call USCIS to confirm?

Thanks

Hi,

We live in the Chicago area.I filed for citizenship for my wife in October (Priority date 10/1). She got her finger prints done on 11/5. When I check her case status on USCIS website, it says that they requested evidence on 10/15. I have read on these forums that when they send the letter for finger printing the site shows the status of Request For Evidence. So the question is am I correct and the Request For Evidence is for finger printing because I did not receive any other letter or should we call USCIS to confirm?

Thanks

Request for Evidence indicates FP. Since the FPs were already done, once USCIS receives FP and Name check they will process it and send to local office for Interview and the status then will change to Test and Interview. You should be receivung Interview letter and see the stasus change any day now.

I agree that the last relevant online status update is Testing and Interview - that's when they send you an Interview Letter. According to USCIS - the decision (in Citizenship cases) is made on the Oath Date. So even if you are approved - the online status WILL NEVER CHANGE from Testing and Interview until after the oath...

Hi,

Thanks

I got the exact same question as you, bobfrmEnzyte.

Today, I went online to check my status of N-400.
It says "On October 28, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case..."

But, I haven't got any other mail from USCIS except on Oct/30th/2009 I got the mail about FP notice.
And I've done the FP on Nov/18/2009.

So, I called USCIS just now, and the customer service said "it should be different from FP", but she doesn't know what the request is; she filed a request for my case to ask for resending that request for evidence and she said I should receive it around 30 days.

Hoping this is just a FP request notice.

Hello, everyone, could you please provide suggestion about our concerns about 'Request for Evidence'? (should be for FP?)

I had exactly this question - when I look up the case status online it says need more evidence but I have already given the fingerprints and the Yellow letter only says to bring the documents to the interview and instructs in boldface NOT to mail them in. SO I called USCIS and they confirmed that right now I need to do nothing but wait for the interview letter. Maybe the online status will get updated later.

Hello, everyone, could you please provide suggestion about our concerns about 'Request for Evidence'? (should be for FP?)

I had that message for a long time, but received nothing other than FP request.
Later the message change to "Testing and Interview". Still says the same thing, more than a week after oath.

Thanks a lot for you guys' replies. And now I'm sure that my 'request for evidence' is for FP.