Request for Evidence Response Review

cooluswiz

Registered Users (C)
I have submitted request for evidence and got the status update that within 60 days they will be informing me about the status of N400 application, I have already passed my test and given the interview. What do I expect now will that status(E-notification) should go to decision status next or will it go to Oath Q , if it goes to decision Q will that means that they denied my application or it could be either decision. What is your experience and do you think the decision will be made within the time frame. Also my family(Spouse and Daughter over 18 are now in OATH Q , which say that they will hear within 45 days about the date), in case if I hear my decision is thr any way I can schedule my Oath along with them or just let them take the oath and wait.

It depends....

I have submitted request for evidence and got the status update that within 60 days they will be informing me about the status of N400 application, I have already passed my test and given the interview. What do I expect now will that status(E-notification) should go to decision status next or will it go to Oath Q , if it goes to decision Q will that means that they denied my application or it could be either decision. What is your experience and do you think the decision will be made within the time frame. Also my family(Spouse and Daughter over 18 are now in OATH Q , which say that they will hear within 45 days about the date), in case if I hear my decision is thr any way I can schedule my Oath along with them or just let them take the oath and wait.

The timeframe for an Officer to review the response to an RFE (N-14, I-72, G-56, I-797) is variable on the volume of his/her workload, complexity of the responses, and schedule.

Difficult cases often get shoved aside while easy ones make for easy statistics so Officers sometimes make multiple piles of files and spread out the cases across categories. X # of easy ones mixed with Y # of difficult ones in order to keep a steady flow of Z # of decisions coming along.

Last edited by a moderator: