Request for Additional Evidence I-485

srna

We have got the following notices from USCIS Nebraska Service Center Requesting Additional Evidence for myself and spouse with a deadline of Feb 25th, 2009 to respond. Can some one please advise.

Self
1) The documentation submitted with your application and/or a review of Service records indicates that you no longer reside in the same state or geographical location as the underlying Form I-140 immigrant visa petitioner and/or the job location specified by your intended permanent employer.

Therefore, submit a currently dated letter from your original Form I-140 employer which addresses this discrepancy. The letter should also indicate whether the terms and conditions of your employment-based visa petition (or labor certification) continue to exist.

IMPORTANT: If you will no longer be employed by the original Form I-140 petitioner, you may still be eligible to adjust your status under the visa portability provisions of section 106© of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act (AC21), Public Law 106-313. This legislation permits certain adjustment applications to change employers without filing a new immigrant visa petition, provided they are:

The beneficiary of an immigrant petition approved under section 204(a)(1)(F) of the Act (previously 204(a)(1)(D)), AND
The application for adjustment has been pending for more than 180 days, AND the new permanent position is in the same or similar occupational classification as the original employment.

If you now claim such eligibility, submit a letter from your new employer, describing your present job duties and position in the organization, your proffered position (if different from your current one), the date you began employment and the offered salary or wage. This letter must be in the original and signed by an executive or officer of the organization who is authorized to make or confirm an offer of permanent employment. The letter should also indicate whether the terms and conditions of your employment-based visa petition (or labor certification) continue to exist.

2. To establish your nonimmigrant status, you must submit a copy of your form I-94, Nonimmigrant Arrival/Departure Record, issue to you upon your arrival to the United States. Make sure to copy both the front and back sides of Form I-94.

If your form I-94 is not available, you must explain what became of the form and submit a copy of the personal information pages from your passport and those pages endorsed by immigration officials establishing your admission(s) or parole into the United States.

If applicable, include a copy of all petition/application approval notices (Form I-797) issued to you by this Service granting extensions or changes of nonimmigrant status.

Spouse
1. You indicated on your form G-325A, Biographic Information, that you have been a Student at the New York University since August of 2005, however you have not submitted any evidence establishing that you have acquired and maintained a valid F-1 (student) status. Please submit documentary evidence of all nonimmigrant status granted to you since your last lawful admission to the U.S. on January 3, 2004. Please also submit evidence that any and all employment since your last admission has been authorized by this Service. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to:

Copies of both sides of your Form I-94 Arrival/Entry Document;
Copies of both sides of your Form I-20 A-B/I-D (F-1 students and dependents);
Copies of both sides of your Form IAP-66/DS2019 (J-1 exchange visitors and dependents);
Copies of any Form I-797 approval notice/notice of action;
Copies of the pages in your passport which show U.S. visas, Service admission stamps or other endorsements, to include the passport identity pages;
Copies of any and all Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) issued to you by this Service.

2. The birth certificate you submitted establishes that your birth was not registered at the time when you were born. Because the document was not registered at the time of the event, you must submit secondary evidence in your possession to support the information you have provided about the event. Secondary evidence will be evaluated for authenticity and credibility. Such evidence may take the form of historical evidence and must have been issued contemporaneously with the event which it documents. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to, medical records, school records, and religious documents. Affidavits may also be accepted provided that they are sworn to by persons who were born at the time of and who have personal knowledge of the event to which to which they attest. Any affidavits must contain the affiant’s full name and address, date and place of birth, relationship to the party on whose behalf they are attesting, if any, and complete details concerning how the affiant acquired knowledge of the event.

Thanks
-------------------------
PD Jul 2002

Send the requested documents in envelops, be sure to put stamps with the right fees.

I-485 Request for Evidence

Hi,

Your situation is similar to mine. What did you answer for this query. My attorneys says it is bit complicated and kind of new query. Please let me know any updates from USCIS in your case.

Thanks,
Rao

Hi,

That's what my attorney told me too. In my I-140 "Address where the person will work if different from address in part 1" states the work location as Various client locations throughout the United States. That's what he trying to explain it to the USCIS. Please see part of the explation attorney drafted for the company.

1. On our company’s Form ETA 750, Part A, Application for Alien Employment Certification, in response to question 7, “Address Where Alien will Work” we provided the following response: “Various client locations throughout the United States.” Hence, there was never one specific job location for Mr. XXXX specified in our Application for Labor Certification. Mr. XXXX’s duties as a Programmer Analyst require that he be available to provide his services nationwide at our clients’ various work site locations.

2. On our company’s I-140 Immigrant Petition filed on behalf of Mr. XXXX, in response to the question in Part 6, number 4, “Address where the person will work if different from address in Part 1, we again provided the same response: “Various client locations throughout the United States.” Once again, this is because Mr. XXXX’s duties as a Programmer Analyst require that he be available to provide his services nationwide at our clients’ work site locations.

For others questions we providing the I-94 Arrival/Departure records, Approval Notices, Visa Stamps in Passport and Affidavits etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Request For Evidence

Thanls for the reply. I spoke to my attorney yesterday. In my I-140 they mentioned the person will work in different locations in US. I hope it is good sign to answer this RFE. My attorney asked me previous 2 years W2s. I don't know how W2 helps this issue. Any way I sent to him. Any updates after you answered the RFE.

Thanks,
Rao

I just got the email requesting for Additional evidence on My 485 case which has been pending from June 2005. My case is Eb3 PD may 2002 and My I 140 was approved in May 2005. They have sked for me and my wife but nothing on my kids
I belive the lawyers will get the letter by early next week so not sure what the RFE is all about and will update the forum once I have it in my hand.
Just curious how many such RFE are coming out from USCIS

additional evidence on 485

I just got the email requesting for Additional evidence on My 485 case which has been pending from June 2005. My case is Eb3 PD may 2002 and My I 140 was approved in May 2005. They have sked for me and my wife but nothing on my kids
I belive the lawyers will get the letter by early next week so not sure what the RFE is all about and will update the forum once I have it in my hand.
Just curious how many such RFE are coming out from USCIS.

srna,

We recently received the exact same RFE. I do think its absolutely valid in our case, because we did not file for AC21 and actually did relocate to a different state. Since we did not specifically file for AC21, this RFE was USCIS's way to gather the info and update the 485 case file with the most current information.

If the primary 485 applicant of a Derivative 485, change jobs/locations and do not proactively send AC21 paperwork, eventually this RFE will show up in most cases. (This was the explanation I got from USCIS when I called and escalated to get the supervisor, and from a reputed attorney as well).

what happens after submitting RFE

does it make any difference in getting the GC?

i mean after being so long in the EAD/ E3 -- still it shows nov 01 in visa butteltin... if we get a RFE does, it mean annything?

Me too...

I also got an email that an RFE has been issued. I am waiting for letter to arrive. How long it takes on average before letter arrives and would I be getting a copy or would it go just to lawyer ?

- Thanks

I also got an email that an RFE has been issued. I am waiting for letter to arrive. How long it takes on average before letter arrives and would I be getting a copy or would it go just to lawyer ?

- Thanks

It will go to the lawyer in file in ~ 4-7 days

does it make any difference in getting the GC?

i mean after being so long in the EAD/ E3 -- still it shows nov 01 in visa butteltin... if we get a RFE does, it mean annything?

It does not mean much. All they are doing is getting your most current information/status, in a way, checking if you are still employed in the valid domain, with a similar title. Thats all.

After I sent in all the documentation for the RFE, I saw that the case status got updated with the message that that they received the docs on so-and-so date and will notify us in case they need anything further.

I have seen numerous soft LUDs after that, but nothing concrete yet.

atyagi73 - The RFE went directly to our 'old' attorney. They faxed us a copy.

One VERY Important NOTE:
When we filed our 485, we were in Nebraska SC jurisdiction, and so the RFE was sent by them. As you all might be aware, NSC has multiple Mailing addresses, different PO Boxes for different issues/apps. When they send the RFE, they will include a return Envelope, that has the correct address sticker to which you need to send the docs back to. If your attorney is receiving the RFE on your behalf, make sure you get the RIGHT return address and/or that Envelope that NSC. In that way you will be covered. If you send the docs to a diff PO Box, the RFE might not get addressed in a timely manner, which could result in denial of 485, as per NSC guidelines.

Hope this helps...

- Thanks

I filed Ac-21 in Feb. Interestingly they sent RFE for my application to new lawyer but for my wife it went to my previous employer.

Both RFEs are related to medical form not signed by us.

- Thanks

Hello
Interesting to see all the RFE's here are for PD's for EB3 in year 2002 range. I also, got an RFE for medical (was pregnant at the time of filing). Got RFE March 31st and sent response back April 7th. Got email saying they had received y'day (April 8th). My PD is EB3-India April 2002
So , yeah looks like they are just getting our latest info ....doesn't look like much else will happen as May '09 bulletin shows EB3 unavailable.

No neeed for a lawyer here, the REF is self explanatory. Just send what they ask that pertains to your case as soon as you can. the longer you wait, the longer it will take for them to to resumed processing your case.
Good luck.

Me & my wife both we received the RFE emails from USCIS. Regarding our cases we dont know what they are looking for?

Any idea regarding on this?

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On June 19, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.

Awaiting for your reply. Thanks in Advance.