reqst to all: can we all stop doing this !!!

dsat_12

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,
I am sure all of us are delighted to see someone receive their 485 approval, each approval is more approval closer to ours. Having said it, can we please assume that we all congratulate each others approvals with silence. I notice everyone trying to send out congratulation messages, some of them after a few weeks of approval date. Each time is see it i get fooled into thinking California center has started to work on 485s.

I would appreciate if we could all send out private congratulation messages if we so choose to.
Thanks

Reason is flimsy

For stopping congratulating people for achieving one of the most trying and hence most memorable events of our lives!
:mad:

I sort of agree with NV2001. If you choose not to receive alerts about a new posted message, you can always unsubscribe.

Very Important: When I get approved, please everyone congratulate me as much as you can :)

It's a valid reason

The reason is very valid.

However we need not stop congratulating. Just maintain some discipline in congratulating someone who got an approval long time back. We need to have a time limit within which we should do this. May be 3 days is good enough. Anything after that is not required.

Hi

Its difficult not to do so as we are all waiting so eagerly for our approvals. When one gets approved its like "I may be next" kind of feeling

Look @ the #of views in the thread so that you can avoid fooling urself.

I use to think the same way u said but then I have gotten used to look @ the # of views.

GCINCSC

Hi Everyone,

I would like to convey my personal wishes to everyone getting through the GC process.

However if the issue is about increasing thread size the probably we can add a POLL to each approval and people can just click YES on Congratulations options.....just a thought.

Or we can have one reply (response) where everyone congratulating Id can be made visible like a list in a single response.....is it possible.

Thanks

That will take the personal touch out of it.
Anyway whats the requirement? Is there a complaint from site organizers about threads being too long?
If its only some people getting confused by old approvals into thinking that they are new, there is timestamp of the original msg always which will tell when the original msg was posted.

if someone us want to send a personal touch, this can be accomplished by sending personal messages to the green card approved person. i dont know if the guy who got his gc approved is going to care abt personal messages so much, esp from strangers. all they are thinking abt is how and when to go and get stampings done.

i dont mean to offend anyones sentiments, i wud appreciate a more measured response from people so that we have what we need on this website, information pertaining to immigration, not a bunch of congratulations .

Thank you for your opinion. However it appears you are outnumbered, that's how it works in a democratic society. You put forth your opinion people say yea or nay. In this case it appears most people prefer to congratulate.

Suggestion for you, learn to read the first posting dates and get used to it. (i don't mean to offend but it really sounds like you've been sucking on lemons)

People may lose interest in posting...

If no response after posting their approval.
Those who want only summary can refer monthly approval thread and PCee's site/rupnet.
The discussions make this site live :)

Just been throught a dead period, simply cannot find anyone to congratulate to. Now some are complaining about too many congratulations. It's amusing.

We are complaining about personal touch about congratulating but think of those times when there are no messages about approvals and people are frustrated. This is the place where people comfort each other and it is not privately. There are so
many silent visitors who also get reassurance bt reading the posts.

Lets not worry to much about it and spend some energy in
praying that there will be lots of approvals and
congratulation messages :)

instead follow a std format when posting approval

Lets say we have some format when we post a thread with approval.
So that it does not confuse anyone to revisit the thread.

When creating a message instead of just saying approved or some generic message on subject line, instead
have Name of the person or handle and WAC-00-000-**** details(just for year and day) and Approval date .

Example: Approved "Sick of wait" WAC-00-000-***** on MM/DD/YYYY

People can look at date and just ignore if it is too old for them or whatever.
This does not resolve the issue, but hey something meaningfull.

Last edited by a moderator:
my vote is also to congratulate the approved

as it is I have seen a gradual decline in subscription to the board. The messages prove that people are interested in seeing approvals. Like RM_ said, if you put the gist in the subject line, it would be clear to people who prefer to see headers only. You can always see the posting date of the first message to find when the thread started.

If you see the VSC board, the discussions range from 'Baba' to Kashmir. Atleast here for the most part we are on the subject.

good luck all...

RM_CSC suggestion is good.

May be we can follow the format. Any way, I dont mind few extra mouse clicks to know if the thread is old or new.
Finally, best thing to do now is stop posting any messages to this dumb thread and dsat_12, can you please delete your thread.
I for one if approved need congratulations from every body. If you guys take a decision to discontinue the congratulatory messages, please go ahead and do it after my approval please..............

Agree

Originally posted by Silly Man
This is the most dumb thread I've ever visited. Seriously you guys ..
Agree

But idea of the very first message is very interesting :D :D :D :D :)

my 0.02 $

I think congratulating a person after sharing this frustrating wait is appropriate.

Also I agree on this being a very silly topic and I hope "dat" deletes it!

-
:cool:

May be we can just add a date on the thread name(that will atleast help people not to go through that additional clicks) when people create a thread after there approval ;) . Good luck to all and hope CSC works at the same speed it had been working from past 2 days .

dsat_12,

I'm one of the old-timers who got approved a couple of months ago. In fact I remember starting a thread like yours requesting people not to post congratulatory messages and most of them disagreed with me. I think PCee had put it right saying that's how this forum differed from automatic tracking site like rupnet that you actually interact, discuss, appreciate and share your experience/feelings with real people. Though I didn't agree with him totally then, but had to agree when I saw so many congralatory messages for my approval. Believe me it felt so good after frustrating wait of years and I'm sure you don't want to miss it. And moreover it is also encouragement for others to post their approvals.

Like someone suggested, if people getting approved take a little time in writing their approval date in the subject line, it'll avoid this confusion. In fact I had a thread with the format to post approvals and used to bring it to top regularly. In spite of that, some people used to forget or didn't care to mention their approval date in the subject line. Anyways that was with the old forum, but with new forum I think with no of replies/views & thread started you can easily guess if it's new or old.

Good luck to you all.