Report EB1 related I-485 approval here

niwnow

Registered Users (C)
please report approval of your I-485 related to a I-140 of EB1 type(Outstanding researcher, extraordinary ability, managerial etc).

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
There isn't much going on with the EB1 cases, at least the VSC to TSC transfer cases.

Someone had a theory that they are processing EB3 cases first, followed by EB2, and EB1.

That appears to be the trend, but I don't know what the rationale is.

My EB1 case has almost become a joke - it has been almost 2.5 years since I first filed at VSC!

was your case originally filed at the TSC or transfered from another service center?

It appears that the movement on transfered cases is pretty slow.

Someone had a theory that they are processing EB3 cases first, followed by EB2, and EB1.

That appears to be the trend, but I don't know what the rationale is.

Perhaps the rationale can be gleaned from this statement published in every visa bulletin:

"INA Section 203(e) provides that family-sponsored and employment-based preference visas be issued to eligible immigrants in the order in which a petition in behalf of each has been filed."

Granted, though, that your case seems a bit odd in that you've been waiting 2.5 years while some EB3 cases filed then have been approved. However, in general, you will find that because of more severe retrogression of EB3 filers, there are more EB3 cases that have older RD dates than other EB categories.

The EB-classification offers a different quota for allocating a visa number from. So the higher the EB class, the better the chances that you won't be affected by retrogression. However, it does not offer priority in processing. That is mostly done on a FCFS basis.

To be fair, I wasn't aware of that statement in the visa bulletin till a few days ago when some other forum member pointed it out.

I have a quick question, When did you submit your EB1-EA I-140 application and what was your receipt date?

My RD was 11/01/06. I then upgraded to pp on 11/15/06. Got RFE on 11/22/06, replied to RFE on 12/14/06 and 140 AD was 12/19/06.

Hello,

we got our approval today.

Case details

EB1 (extraordinary person in science) I-140/I-485 RD 10/02/2003
I-140 AD Jan 2005
FP1 Sept 2005
Transfer to Texas 3/2/2007
FP2-May 2007

I-485 AD 6/27/2007

congrats! seems like a very long journey considering your's was an EB-1 case. Were you stuck in name check?

I suppose. At least this is what the letters form USCIS said in response to all the inquiries.
Also, we prepared and filed all the petitions ourselves. "Extraordinary people in anything" do not need a job offer or any kind of visa sponsorship.

I do not know what finally did it for us. We never got any RFE's or anything. I suppose at some point the case just slipped into the cracks of the sysytem.

All this anticipation was so awful and nerveracking. I can not wait to see my mother.

Diana

My and my husband's I-485's have been approved this morning (card production ordered). Details in my signature. Obviously we were not stuck in name check (we are from Romania). Hopefully, you'll get the good news soon!

Good luck to everybody!!!!

Hey chatterjee1,

Are you form INDIA ?

I have similar EB-1A case but they say I have to wait for more time till my case comes within their 485 processing date, otherwise as u know for EB-1A visa numbers are always current. Tell me how you actually got approved 485, did you do something to expedite your 485 ?

You are one lucky guy.

See my signature for my case details

Approval for EB1-EA
EB1 EA: TSC
140: AD 12/19/06
485: RD: 03/20/07; AD: 06/25/07.

Last edited by a moderator:
additional approval posted for EB1-related I-485

nycor posted following

EB-1(OR) VSC (transferred to TSC 3/15/07)
I-140/I-485: RD 7/18/05
I-140 approved: 11/16/05
I-485 approved: 6/27/07 (Card production ordered), 6/28/07 (Approval notice sent)
FP1 (code 3): 8/10/05
FP2 (code 1): 5/14/07 LUD 5/15/07 6/14/07 6/15/07 (due to address update request on 3/31 as per USCIS letter dated 6/13/07)
Name check submitted to FBI 7/28/05 and pending as of 4/12/07 (via First Lady/FBI and NYC Congresswoman)
Name check done (as per TSC officer 5/30/07 and Infopass 6/20/07)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My entire story is perhaps best said in my sig. No offense to anyone but it seems there is no friggin use of applying in EB1 category in my opinion. Also I have been studying the trends in EB1A approvals and it seems people from countries other than those retrogressed had better records as far as name checks were concerned? I mean if people from other countries can get name checks faster why cannot those from retrogressed ones? Is there a deliberate categorization? Now with ALL dates current EB2/3 cases are getting approved at a faster rate than EB1s.....what was the use of spending those $$$ and proving myself to be worthy of an EB1 case???? Nada Zilch Cinco

I mean yeah the visa numbers are current for EB1A but whats the point when they keep you waiting like a dog wondering with fearful hearts whether the mercy of a computer will shine upon your unfortunate status or not. I mean they approve you for permanent residency but will still think about approving your change of status? Nothing dictates logic in these cases or the way the system works? Funny thing is no one is talking about this in the :"great immigration debate".....I have half a mind this might change if people like us "legal immigrants" take the streets like those other people did.....in DC and force someone to debate OUR STATUS

Sorry for the rant but I needed to vent....

Finally magic e-mail

I finally got magic e-mail today that card is ordered. Following is my info:

I140/I485 (EB1A): RD 11/1/2004
I-140 AD: 3/13/05
I-485: LUD: 3/15/07, 6/27/07, 6/28/07, Card ordered: 6/28/07
Stuck in NC, letters to FL, senators, congressman, FBI local office, received reply from FBI, NC cleared 5/07
ASked for address change 5/15/07
Applied for EAD renewal 6/26/07

Received CRIS email but message contains nothing new?

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was
transferred.

Hopefully they are looking at the case.