Reply to RFE

sandy boy

Registered Users (C)
RD 10/00
ND 11/00
RFE 04/01
Replied 04/17/01
Folks,
It is now over a month that my RFE has been replied but AVM is not updated as yet and also managed to speak to an IIO and found that they do not have anything in record as yet. Also, I am seeing various messages which tell that none is even receiving any receipts for their application. What is going on in the INS mail room at CSC ? Any idea ?

No Title

What are your RFE\'s for?

Hi guys,

What are your RFE\'s for? W-2? amended I-140?

MikeG

No Title

I am in the same boat, replied on 4/20 and hopefully they would have received on 4/23 or 4/24. Talked with IIO and she told me it takes between 30 to 60 days for the mail room to dispatch. Mine was for employment letter, w2 and pay slips.

No Title

My RFE for W2s. I called IIO and she said it may be in the mail room.
Only God knows when they receive from mail room.

No Title

Hi guys, Me too, replied on 4/28 no news as yet....do keep this thread active and share any info...I got it for my amended I-140 and the same was done earlier...

No Title

I am surprised that so many people get RFE\'s for W2, Employment letters
and pay slips and yet the attorneys do not submit these papers in the
first place as a common practice.

Even my attorney didn\'t want to send the employment letter and pay
slips with my I485 papers. Only when I insisted and said that I don\'t
want to take a chance did she add those papers to the file. Her
argument was that too many papers can confuse the officer and its
better to send what they ask for rather than sending extra papers. In a
way it makes sense, but how bad could it be to add a few extra
documents. Its better then getting a RFE and wasting 2-3 months of
processing time.

I have been burnt in all the stages so far. DOL-24months,
I140-18months-RFE. This time I wanted to be safe and send extra papers.

My 2 cents.
-Mitr

No Title

The only problem with your rgument is, I know of friend who send W-2 ,employment letters and other supporting documents and still got RFE for W-2 or current emplyment letter I t is all luck

bacardi151

No Title

why is INS asking for so many RFEs when the underlying I140 /labour company etc nothing changed it only adds to the work/frustruating delays already created by them ! and that too for already delayed cases (where they were responsible for the delay in the first place !)
How ironic !! oh well .......

No Title

Hi guys,

I was just checking some of the other posts in NSC about RFE...Looks like for some people as soon as they sent the replies the AVM was updated and they received approvals in another week\'s time. I don\'t know why CSC is so slow in this........

Regards

No Title

I saw a post today by rajesh08 who belies it comes in 45-60 days after reply, this must be a good news.

No Title

Finally AVM updated with the RFE receipt status. I sent all documents on 04/10 and AVM says they received it on 05/21. INS is Great.I am happy that they received it.
Now message says case will take between 900-990 days. How funny?

No Title

WhereIsGc, that is good news. Looks like INS is moving on cases with RFEs. Please let us know when your case is approved.
Let\'s keep this thread alive so we can inform each other the status of RFEs. I can\'t wait to hear on my case. My RFE was sent in on 5/4. Thanks.

No Title

whereisgc, id 4/10 the date INS received your RFE or it\'s the date you or your lawyer mailed the reply. Please let us know. It\'s very nice to hear that they have received it.

No Title

WhereisGC, one more question.

When you replied for your RFE did it say to reply to an officer or it was addressed to INS. Mine said to reply to an Officer, that\'s the reason I am asking.