Reply from Mr. Williams

will_get_there1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Got very cryptic reply from Mr. Williams -
"currently there are no visas availble" instead of "name check is pending". I am trying to understand if this means that my name check is cleared. Anybody got similar reply from Mr. Williams recently ??

It probably means that your Name Check is cleared.

Also, based on your dates and the current priority date, the dates should move ahead in the next 2 months(closer to your PD) and your application should be picked up for adjudication.

will_get_there1

it doesn't sound your NC is cleared.........

its very frustating...........

good luck,
dice12

Bademian, hope you are right but most probably it is dice12 who is right :mad:

I tried calling Customer service but got the usual - we do not know anything about your name check.

I replied back to Mr. Williams to see if he tells me anything about Namecheck.

dice12 said:
will_get_there1

it doesn't sound your NC is cleared.........

its very frustating...........

good luck,
dice12
I GOT A LETTER FROM VSC SAYING THAT "THE PRELIMINARY PROCESS OF YOUR I-485 CASE IS DONE. DO U THINK THAT MY NAME CHECK IS CLEARED OR NOT?
I`m EB3 26APR01

will_get_there1 said:
Bademian, hope you are right but most probably it is dice12 who is right :mad:

I tried calling Customer service but got the usual - we do not know anything about your name check.

I replied back to Mr. Williams to see if he tells me anything about Namecheck.

I am pretty sure your name check is cleared.

A friend of mine got the same response as yours - "currently there are no visas available" 5 months back.

In Jan his PD became current he got the following response to his last query - "Decision should be made within 4 weeks".

So hang in there for couple of months and you should be good to go.

BadeMiyan said:
I am pretty sure your name check is cleared.

A friend of mine got the same response as yours - "currently there are no visas available" 5 months back.

In Jan his PD became current he got the following response to his last query - "Decision should be made within 4 weeks".

So hang in there for couple of months and you should be good to go.

Thanks BadeMiyan, it gives me hope. I have sent email to CSC (Mr. Williams) asking if they can confirm Name check clearnig, will update the board if I hear anything. Thanks again.

will_get_there1 said:
Thanks BadeMiyan, it gives me hope. I have sent email to CSC (Mr. Williams) asking if they can confirm Name check clearnig, will update the board if I hear anything. Thanks again.

What is Mr. Williams E-mail address. I want to try find out whether name check was complete. Thanks

anyone stuck due to 485 processing date 06/16 -currently there are no visas available

I received the same message yestarday "currently there are no visas available".

I140 AD 08//05.
I485 ND 09/06/05
EAD and AP received.
FP done in 09/22/05. LUD changed 2 days after this.
Recent LUD change 12/9/05. No message change.

I am from India, EB2 category. Priority date is May 2001.

As per feb bulletin , they should have Visa numbers for me. :) But I don't know, because CSC I485 processing date is June 16th , 05 and my 485 date is September 05.

Anyone else in this category?? :confused:

ramayya said:
I received the same message yestarday "currently there are no visas available".

I140 AD 08//05.
I485 ND 09/06/05
EAD and AP received.
FP done in 09/22/05. LUD changed 2 days after this.
Recent LUD change 12/9/05. No message change.

I am from India, EB2 category. Priority date is May 2001.

As per feb bulletin , they should have Visa numbers for me. :) But I don't know, because CSC I485 processing date is June 16th , 05 and my 485 date is September 05.

Anyone else in this category?? :confused:

You are confused.

Your priority date is not current, refer to this visa bulletin to see what dates are current for Jan 2006.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_2757.html

ramayya is correct. The priority date for India for EB2 is 01Aug2001 as per Feb bullentin.

ramayya, I am in the same shoes as yourself. Priority date is June 2001. ND for 485 is Aug 2005. Still waiting..., Last time when I checked in december, I got the reply as "No visas available".

myslm

Thanks myslm for jumping in. I revisited Feb Bulletin after BadeMiyan's reply. [BadeMiyan, I was panicked for couple of minutes.]

So does "no visas available" mean name check is complete? Also, do you think the I485 processing dates in the CSC , will change anytime soon. [any trends] . I wish our 485 gets cleared before it gets back to square one.

I have never been successful getting info about name check thru 1-800 number. I tried a couple of times, after 20-25 minutes of hold, you can listen to a angry voice from the other side, with no additional information than online service.

I guess Bademiyan also has a point. Since the bulletin is for Feb. We might have to wait until Feb for the Visas to become available.

Response from Mr. Williams

will_get_there1 said:
Hi,

Got very cryptic reply from Mr. Williams -
"currently there are no visas availble" instead of "name check is pending". I am trying to understand if this means that my name check is cleared. Anybody got similar reply from Mr. Williams recently ??

I had mailed to Mr Williams about my status, he replied in one line asking me to wait for 60 days for processing. I replied him asking about my name check status, previously I received a mail from our Congressman's office that my NC got cleared in Nov' 05. Mr. Williams replied in one line - "yes, that is why I said 60 days". My PD became current in Feb' Visa bulletin. Also, I had LUDs on 13 and 14th without any change in message. I am not sure if that is because of the enquiries I made or/and enquires made by our congressman's office.

ramayya said:
Thanks myslm for jumping in. I revisited Feb Bulletin after BadeMiyan's reply. [BadeMiyan, I was panicked for couple of minutes.]

So does "no visas available" mean name check is complete? Also, do you think the I485 processing dates in the CSC , will change anytime soon. [any trends] . I wish our 485 gets cleared before it gets back to square one.

I have never been successful getting info about name check thru 1-800 number. I tried a couple of times, after 20-25 minutes of hold, you can listen to a angry voice from the other side, with no additional information than online service.

The Feb bulletin will kick in only after the the 1st of Feb, until then the dates in the Jan bulletin apply.