replied to RFE but no LUD, been 2 weeks

doctor1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,guys , I was asked to send evidence regarding my case and its been 2 weeks since they recieved it , but there is no update on the USCIS online potfolio, so I am kinda worried, I made sure that I was sending the evidence by priority post with a tracking number, when I try to track it it says it was delivered on Sep 28 at Lees summit, should I send the evidence again? or do I wait? I am confused..

thanks in advance..

Call USCIS

doctor1,

Give USCIS a call first thing in the morning. Make sure you get your call transferred to the next level of cust service. This way you will get to speak to the officer & he or she may be able to look into your case in more depth and let you know if they have received your RFE. We can't really trust this online status. On the other hand, you could make an infopass apptt and talk to the officer at your local DO face to face. Make sure you also take that copy of proof of delivery incase the officer tells you that USCIS has not received your RFE. This way you will have a written proof. No need to worry, the chances are good that USCIS has your RFE but like I said you can't really trust this online status update thing.

I have an RFE question, too. Can I make an infopass for 102 - replacement of 1-94? I mailed in in July and 8/5, I had an LUD, RFE sent. I never received it. :(I have been calling every 30 days but the RFE is not arriving. :rolleyes:I guess my q. is, can an infopass be made for 102? :confused: In the meantime my other forms are right on schedule.

Altanta Brother .. thanks for the tips ... I called USCIS this morning, managed to talk to the costomer service, they asked me to wait for 60 days before I called USCIS to check on this status, but I insisted on speaking with an IO , then I was transfered to the supervisor, again I insisted to talk with an IO , they finally transfered me, the IO told me the mail stays in the mail room depending upon the work load they have, so she said I should call and check again in 2 weeks..thats the update, I am just going to mail the evidence again, along with the photocopy of the RFE, and if it still doesnt update in a week , will take an infopass appointment, God Bless!!

Altanta Brother .. thanks for the tips ... I called USCIS this morning, managed to talk to the costomer service, they asked me to wait for 60 days before I called USCIS to check on this status, but I insisted on speaking with an IO , then I was transfered to the supervisor, again I insisted to talk with an IO , they finally transfered me, the IO told me the mail stays in the mail room depending upon the work load they have, so she said I should call and check again in 2 weeks..thats the update, I am just going to mail the evidence again, along with the photocopy of the RFE, and if it still doesnt update in a week , will take an infopass appointment, God Bless!!

doctor1,

Thx for the update. This is ridiculous. The cust service repp telling you to wait 60 days.......what nonsense. I am glad you spoke to the officer but those are idiots as well (a different catagory). If the RFE was received at their end and you have a proof, please take it to the local DO and speak to the supervisor there to get this matter resolved. USCIS is just looking for reasons to delay cases, that's it. On the other hand if you feel that it would be good idea to re-send them the paperwork again, go for it, but definitely use certified mail or priority mail with delivery confirmation and again if it doesn't get updated, make an infopass apptt. If I were you, just to be on the safe side & to secure the date I would just make an info pass apptt anyways for last week of Oct. You can always cancel the apointment at the last minute......no biggy.

Hey Doctor1,

My wife (a doctor too) is in the same boat as you are. This not so smart guys sent us an RFE to provide them with a proof of lawful admission in US. That is ridiculous. I wanted to include a copy of my wife's I-94, but the forms said no need to do that if it's not expired. The same thing with the copy of the visa; if it's been issued within last 12 months then include a copy of it.

Do you know if the case will be delayed a lot because of this RFE?

Let us know if you get any luck with finding out the case status.

I sent them the papers with priority mail. Should be there by Friday.

zuzkin ,I feel its always better to send as many copies of legal status as possible even if you are not asked to include these copies , USCIS is funny, sometimes they ask people to resend the copies they have already submitted, sometimes ask for copies of evidence not related to the case , so I have learned to submit as many things as you can just to be on the safer side.
Yes RFE's do delay your case :( , hey dont worry your wife's RFE will be recieved and the case will be resumed, within a few days, my case is one-off case where the Evidence is lost somewhere in the mail room, lol.. her case will be resumed in no time, will keep you guys updated good luck buddy!

zuzkin ,I feel its always better to send as many copies of legal status as possible even if you are not asked to include these copies , USCIS is funny, sometimes they ask people to resend the copies they have already submitted, sometimes ask for copies of evidence not related to the case , so I have learned to submit as many things as you can just to be on the safer side.
Yes RFE's do delay your case :( , hey dont worry your wife's RFE will be recieved and the case will be resumed, within a few days, my case is one-off case where the Evidence is lost somewhere in the mail room, lol.. her case will be resumed in no time, will keep you guys updated good luck buddy!

Thanks for the support doc. Good luck to you too. I'll let you know how my "adventure" goes on.

Off topic question: did you take the boards yet?

yes I have given my boards , waiting to start my residency in internal medicine this summer, what about your wife? btw where did she graduate from?

yes I have given my boards , waiting to start my residency in internal medicine this summer, what about your wife? btw where did she graduate from?

Man, are you lucky or what:) She graduated in eastern europe. Still has the step 1 and 3 before applying for residency. BTW, she is going into im too.

the RFE was for a birth certificate, ya zuzkin step1 is a little tough, I was studying 12 hours a day for 5 months until I cleared it , but she will eventually get there, dont worry, good luck to her

waiting for EAD

Hello,
I can see USCIS is working slow here too :cool:
I got RFE and was asked for W-2`s (even though I`m 100% sure I sent it already with AOS-> oh, well...I was told it happens quite often that USCIS misplaces dokuments->hey! what`s new :rolleyes:??). Anyways, USCIS received RFE document ( Sept 11, 2008) and case was resumed (Sept 15, 2008). Since then I haven`t heard anything about my case. It`s been over 120 days and I still haven`t received my EAD.:(

You can see my timeline for details.

If service request won`t help , I`m going for an Infopass.

Wish you all good luck with your cases!!!!:)

here is the update : the Dept of Homeland Security is 3 miles from where I live so I made an infopass and paid them a visit today, my turn came right after 2 mins I entered the building , I showed the officer the evidence from USPS that my reply to the RFE reached Lee's Summit on sep 28th , and till date I dont see on the online portfolio that my case has resumed , she looked my case up on the computer and said she sees some activity on my account on Oct 2nd, but she doesnt know what exactly it is, asked me if I recieved something from them dated oct 2nd , she said the activity on Oct 2nd can either mean they have recieved something or sent out something, I told her i didnt get anything, which means they recieved my reply to the rfe if so why isnt my case updated , she said she doesnt know, I tried to handover the evidence to her.. but she said no, you can only mail it to it, .. thats all that happened what you think folks.. these people dont know anything, I feel the immigration officers are more confused than us :)

I think USCIS received your RFE

I have a feeling, a very strong feeling the reason the officer sees an update on your case on Oct 2nd is coz they have received your RFE.
I will give you an example. My wife & I went for an infopass apptt back in Aug before her IL was issued. The officer said the same thing that she sees some activity as of July 31st. I requested the officer that I need to speak to the supervisor. She made me wait in the lobby for half n hr. The supervisor attended us, took the A number and went back to ger office to check the status on my wife's case in more detail. She came back & notified us that she made a phone call to MSC (Missouri Service Center), spoke to the officer there and found out that on July 31st, my wife's case was lifted as her background check was completed and the good news is she is now in que for the interview. She also added that she went ahead and requested the file to be transferred to Atlanta DO. She told us the transfer of the file would take 3-4 days. She was 100% right. I called USCIS cust service after a week and they told me that the file is now in Atlanta and in the next 10 days, I received an IL in the mail.
If you want to make another infopass, you can request that you like to see a supervisor there and they can see what's happening with your case probably in more detail. I am sure you will be fine and like I said before your RFE has been received. It cames complete sense coz you sent the RFE on Sep 26th and it was received and updated by USCIS on Oct 2nd. I remember when I had sent my RFE back to USCIS. It was Friday afternoon when I had mailed them the paperwork. It was received by them on Monday and was updated in the system on Wednesday. Don't trust this online system of USCIS too much. I am glad you did an infopass and if they show an activity (LUD)......BINGO.......you're good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doc, just a little update on my wife's case: they received our papers and have posted an online update message. Case is resumed. Hope you have the same kind of experience soon.

Doctor

Did you get message online that RFE has been issued for your case? I got the RFE but online it doesnt say anything.

finally my case has resumed , after coming back from the infopass I resent my evidence and it was received yesterday and my case updated and resumed today, thank God I did not wait for 2 months as the first guy told me when I called customer service , sometimes USCIS can be very irresponsible with our documents , they act like kids , they take a whole lot of money from us for this process its not like its a free thing they do , I feel they should be more careful.
zuzkin , thats great news bro , she will get her EAD in no time :)

Yes trawal I was informed on my online portfolio when the rfe was issued, dunno why u didnt get that update

finally thankyou Atlanta Brother for your very helpful tips..

During my case I got a RFE, it took over 2-3 months to get updated. I resent my evidence again and it got updated within 2days after they received the second copy.

I agree they do mishandle some of our documents.