Repeating my question abpot approval notice...see below

noodle

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

I am a newbie here and would like an answer to my question...about how long it takes to get an approval notice(after interview) and getting a passport stamp.

Please help.

Thanks.

Noodle

no, for some people security and admin check is held before the interview, they may get their passports stamped at the interview, for others - a long wait after the interview for the check to commence and I-485 approved.

Thanks for clarifying ...but

at the interview the officer said everything was in order and that I should get a letter in mail by next week...of course 2 weeks have passed by now. If security clearance was the case then why did he not mention it ?

Noodle

You have been waiting for ony two weeks!

For my case, I had an interview on Feb.2003 and called for the THIRD fingerprint taken on July and haven't heard from them since. It's been a YEAR this month. I have been writhing letters constantly but of corse, no reply. This is a total bullsh*t! My husband and I have been married over 4 years. 4 years and no green card!!!!

I will go in to redo my fingerprint next week also. It's so frustrated.

I filed in jun. 2003, interviewed may 2004. everything was OK, but the security check, something called "IP pending". So I have to file another application for EAD, another one for AP, paid $$$, went downtown LA to get picture taken... Now I have to go in to re-fingerprinted. What are those government people doing? :confused:

Maria24 said:
You have been waiting for ony two weeks!

For my case, I had an interview on Feb.2003 and called for the THIRD fingerprint taken on July and haven't heard from them since. It's been a YEAR this month. I have been writhing letters constantly but of corse, no reply. This is a total bullsh*t! My husband and I have been married over 4 years. 4 years and no green card!!!!

Yeah, I know...

By the way, how did you find out that they are doing "Ib pending"? I don't even know what they are doing to my case. They say nothing to me.

You can check w/ FBI to see if they process your case. I had my AOS interview in March04, but didn't get approved because of the name check pending. I called & faxed to FBI, after 1 mos of waiting, they replied w/ a fax, saying case has been completed. And, finally I got a approval letter from INS 2 wk after the FBI fax.

Good Luck

It's written on a piece paper they gave me at the end of the interview. "adjustment of status notice", WR-830. IP Pending isn't one of the choices, so the office hand wrote it on the form.

Here is the list of other choices, guess I am not one of them:
1. Fingerprints submitted to FBI, response is still pending. (I guess that's the case of the person posted above me, not mine) (Interview officer said it's something related with security, but not fingerprints)
2. A required check on ur case... (still, this looks like my case, but it's not)
3. Visa number not available.
4. Another file need to be obtained.
5. Second interview needed.
6. Additional review.
7. Asylum number not available.

Maria24 said:
Yeah, I know...

By the way, how did you find out that they are doing "Ib pending"? I don't even know what they are doing to my case. They say nothing to me.