Renewing passport while pending asylum

Kala2306

Hello Everyone, I applied for asylum in 2016 and still waiting for the first interview. My passport was expired back in 2016 and now I want to travel to Canada. Can someone tell me if I can get the passport renewed and visit Canada for a week or so.

Renew your passport. There was the same conversation in another topic and based on my experience unless you have already granted asylum or you get your green card based on asylum you still are a citizen of your COP(country of prsecution) and you need a valid ID for getting benefits in USA such as driver license.
But don't move to Canada.
Living country without an advance parole means abandoning your asylum application and this will end up in termination in your application.

If you haven't been grantee asylum, renewing your COP could be a little iffy depending on your case. Regardless of that, if you have an asylum case pending, you cannot leave the country unless you get Advance Parole, if you don't, USCIS assumes you have abandoned your case. In all reality, once you file for asylum, you should not leave the country until a decision is made.

Assuming OP is an Indian national, the Indian embassy questionnaire asks whether a passport applicant has applied for asylum. To which the response would be Yes, which in turn likely leads to uncomfortable queries.

Hello Author and Readers,
I'm interested in this question as well. Could you share with us how everything was for you?

My situation is different a little bit. My passport will expire soon and I can't renew it because of the danger of coming back to my country. I even can't go to the ambassador of my country.

Hi all,
I am still waiting for asylum approval but my passport expires, should and can I apply to the embassy again?
It can be done by online but it asks for id (I haven't make one), green card and visa.
Can I just send them the visa that has asylum code?
Please help me

Assuming OP is an Indian national, the Indian embassy questionnaire asks whether a passport applicant has applied for asylum. To which the response would be Yes, which in turn likely leads to uncomfortable queries.
Why someone needs to tell them about Asylum filing? They approve the renewal even when applicant had filed Asylum?

So, Any Indian National did renew the passport? What was the experience?