Renewing passport right before applying for asylum

Hello guys

I have a question ....I have valid passport for 5 years and pending asylum case

can I travel anywhere I want (not to my home country ) and come back without any issue ....by the way I have valid US visa for couple of years

also I heard that the US officer may not know that I have pending asylum case

Hello guys

I have a question ....I have valid passport for 5 years and pending asylum case

can I travel anywhere I want (not to my home country ) and come back without any issue ....by the way I have valid US visa for couple of years

also I heard that the US officer may not know that I have pending asylum case
In theory, you shouldn't travel until your case is resolved.

a) Outbound: If there are visa-free countries for your passport, you can travel to those destinations and have fun. Even places that require visas, you can go, give them your current US visa status and they should let you in.

b) Returning to the US: In theory, you can still enter the US. However, if the border control officer finds out that you have a pending immigrant AOS via asylum, he/she might find you inadmissible under your current visa....which I assume is a non-immigrant visa. Unfortunately, a pending asylum application is not a status. You can't be admitted because you have a pending case. Essentially, do not cross the US border once you submit your application.

c) You could say you abandoned your asylum application, but looks like that is not your plan. If that was your plan, you could show border control that you withdrew the asylum application or have requested such an action, with evidence from USCIS.

Summary: Do not leave the US until your case is 100% resolved.

It's a smart move to have all your documents up to date. While I'm not an expert, I can offer some friendly advice based on what I've heard. Renewing your passport before filing for asylum shouldn't be seen as a negative by USCIS.

It's a smart move to have all your documents up to date. While I'm not an expert, I can offer some friendly advice based on what I've heard. Renewing your passport before filing for asylum shouldn't be seen as a negative by USCIS.
In fact, it can actually help your case by showing that you have a valid and legal status in the US. Having a valid passport is important for maintaining your legal status, so it's definitely a good idea. However, it's always a good idea to consult with an immigration attorney for the best advice tailored to your specific situation. You can also check these fake id reviews to be more aware.