Renewal Of Refugee Travel Document

I have been to thailand and the visa is issued the same day..Not that tough.

I would let y ou know that with a valid RTD..you can travel anywhere in the world..except maybe UAE..but anyways lots of western nations such as australia, germany, etc recognize it..you will get a visa as long as you show that you have good intentions and enough money..

Which means that as an asylee, you cannot use AP, contrary to the misinformation some people spread.

asyleeUS said:
Thanks all for your reply especiall cchong. I have been checking out websites and calling consulates. Also have emailed UAE consulate.

Yeah I had asked for an expediated RTD. The reaosn was that my asylum just got approved on July 7th, 2004 after a loong long wait as my file was misplaced one year ago and they gave me recommended approval. So I filed intially for EAD and travel doucemnt in last septmeber. I recieved a letter from the DHS in may saying that since i dont have the final approval my application for travel docuemtn will be fortiefied. Since I needed to travel on emergent basis, the lawyer said that I can apply for advance parole since my case is pending. So I applied for advance parole and it was a coincidence that the day I filed for AP, my asylum got approved the very next day. Now the lawyer told me that i need to apply again for RTD. Again I got worried that the wait will be like 7 months but I tried my luck and included a cover letter explaining I need to travel.

My situation is very critical. THe thing is I have filed for my husband's I-730 2 weeks ago. My husband was on an F1 and had to leave back to home country to attend his father's funeral and took my 22 month old baby US CITIZEN with him since I was going to school full time and my asylum was pending. Now he got stuck there as the US CONSULATE DID NOT ALLOW HIM OT COME BACK ON F1 and so is my son.
In the meanwhile my asylum got approved but I cannot go back to the country where I m from so I want to see my baby and husband. It has been six months and I dont know how long it will take him to come back on I-730. thats why I m trying to go for 2 or 3 months but I dont know which is a good place to meet. I wanted to go to UK but my husband did not get visa for UK so I dont know. Please help anyone that knows anything about RTD , countries that dont require visa's etc, I-730 or any way I could have my husband come back with the baby.

thanks

How long does it take to renew RTD

bringslite said:
I told you guys many times that for the most part, this RTD is not even worth the ink used to printed it. As far as I know from a friend of mine, UAE does not issue visas on Travel documents. But please do not take my word for it; call up their embassy in DC:

1255 22nd Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington DC 20037
Telephone: (202) 243-2400
Fax: (202) 243-2432

* As far as coming back, sorry, I can't answer that question, since the last time I came back using a RTD was prior to 9/11 (it took me less than 2 minute at the airport). Things have changed since then. I could be wrong, but I think they finger print you now.
Hi all,plz i will like to know how long it take to get your RTD after you send it for renewal,cause my husband tell me it about 365days is he saying true?

shamshon said:
Ok, i got this idea from a web site that offered to expedite RTDs. I researched the issue and discovered that you can just a write a letter explaining why you want your RTD expedited. So make a title such as "Motion to expedite Refugee Travel Document processing. Then, explain your reasons. They responded faster to me but unfortunately they rejected my RTD because as they put it "they can not issue 2 RTDs at the same time." Hope this helps

Refugee travel document

shamshon said:
Ok, i got this idea from a web site that offered to expedite RTDs. I researched the issue and discovered that you can just a write a letter explaining why you want your RTD expedited. So make a title such as "Motion to expedite Refugee Travel Document processing. Then, explain your reasons. They responded faster to me but unfortunately they rejected my RTD because as they put it "they can not issue 2 RTDs at the sahme time." Hope this helps
HI,how long does it take after sending the RTD for renewal,my husband say it take 365days is it true?plz reply

munaakarim said:
HI,how long does it take after sending the RTD for renewal,my husband say it take 365days is it true?plz reply

Now its less than 90 days, sometimes even shorter. Your husband should not go to Kenya with a RTD; he should visit a neighboring country where you can also go to.

RTD renewal

Thanks for your concern about me,my husband has already come to kenya,Africa twice but now he wish to come again but his RTD has expired how long will it take to be renewed,thanks

munaakarim said:
Hi all,plz i will like to know how long it take to get your RTD after you send it for renewal,cause my husband tell me it about 365days is he saying true?

Officials say 60 to 90 days is the timeframe to get it.But it doesn't take so long anymore.Now,people get it in 30 or 45 days.Refer your husband to this forum then he will be much informed about whatever is going on.
Good luck.

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

RAsylee said:
Another way to work around this issue is when they asked for Previous RTD, state Misplaced at home. This way if they get around to your application and it has expired then you can send it to them and if it has sometime prior to expiry then RTD can still be misplaced at home and you don't have to submit it.

I have to travel extensively for my work and not having a valid RTD is not something I can afford as majority of my traveling is on last minute notices.

In my personal experience, they have never asked me for it in past four RTD applications. Again, this is just my personal experience and I am not a lawyer.

Regards,

How do you manage to travel so often on RTD? Do you have to through 'the room' where they process you every time? What about visas to other countries? From my little experience of traveling with RTD, it's such a pain in the neck that I turned down several jobs that require travel just because I didn't want to deal with this and look like an idiot in front of american citizens colleagues who travel with you.

14ksusha said:
How do you manage to travel so often on RTD? Do you have to through 'the room' where they process you every time? What about visas to other countries? From my little experience of traveling with RTD, it's such a pain in the neck that I turned down several jobs that require travel just because I didn't want to deal with this and look like an idiot in front of american citizens colleagues who travel with you.

totaly agree 14ksusha

Hey All, I think this is the right place for this post. I want to renew my RTD and I'm a green card holder through asylum. I have few questions and I would appreciate any help:
- What Should I include in my application?
I have checked around and this is what I got: Application i-131, copy of the green card, copy of the green card notice, copy of the RTD in case its expired and the actual one if its not yet expired, 2 passport photos. What else? am I missing anything?
- What should i put in the space" Class of Admission"?
I checked as well but I found 2 answers 1- Asylee and 2- Permanent Resident
- Feel free to add any recommendations or thoughts about your experience

Thanks all in advance