Renewal of AP lost in Mail

hello123

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guru,
I reapplied for the Advance Payroll in July, It was get approved on 20 August but niehter me nor my Lawyer get approval copy. I called Postal service and they are saying, we don't have any way to trace a non registered mail.

I want to visit my country in October and lawyer is saying, we have to reapply it again.

Can someone please shed some light, what may be the other option to get a second copy for approval.

Thanks a advance.

You are saying , mail get 6-8 week to get or approval. My AP was aaproved o august 20.. It is the problem with mail system. Even IIO said it was delived on august 22.

Even I did not receive it and have re-applied

I applied for AP in the month of May and the same was approved in June. I have not received it yet for myself or any of my family members.

My attorney suggested me to re-apply which I did and am waiting for the new one to arrive. Don't know whether I will receive it or not.

This sucks. Does any one have any idea of getting it by hand over the counter?

lost AP in mail ?

My AP RD is Aug 13 and AVM says approved on Sep 10th.
No approval notice yet. I have seen earlier posts in this forum on the same problem.

Not sure what is wrong with AP mails from CSC? Any idea?

WAC - 020-70-

my AP was also misplaced, Basically i got change of address after filing my AP. Though I callled up INS office and got my new address updated but still they sent it to old address. When i checked with IIO they said they have sent it to new address.

Finally I was advised that I will have to file for new AP or wait for my 485 approval. Generally it takes about 6-8 weeks for new approval to come.

But luckily for me USPS sent that AP notice back to INS and then they resent it back to my new address.

ALso i would advise you to check with your lawyer again. I heard recently INS is sending AP approvals to lawyers address. Infact I got my spouse one at my lawyer address.

good luck.

AP Lost in Mail ?

Guys,

I had the same luck. The AP was approved on Aug 22 2002, but never got it, neither did my lawyer. My lawyer says he is going to contact INS CSC. I think this might be the latest trend of INS goof-ups, they expect people to pay the AP fees twice and wait for 3 months to get the notice. I did read in the forum that someone actually went to the CSC and got a replacement AP notice.

Sandip:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks, everyone for replying. after all these lost, I am sure, there is something wrong within INS for AP.

My lawyer did not recieved my approval.
WHat is AP replacement? and how it works. I am in SFO. Can i go SFO INS Office and ask them to issue new approval notice ... Or something like that.

For Sandip

I'll appreciate if you can dig into the information of getting AP by hand and let us know.

I posted a question few weeks back on this forum if anybody has the experience of getting AP by hand but there was no reply.

Thanks

What about a pettition siged by people who never recieved APs and possibly attaching copies of the AP receipt.

Can Mr. Khanna's office help us with this?

Sounds like a good plan, but does really we have that time. By the time this petition, we go to INS, WE will get our 485 approval ( lets hope). But It will be good for our brother.

AP lost in mail

Totos and everybody concerned,

Please check the posting by hog in the CSC Jan-Feb-Mar mailers. He had the same misfortune. I just posted a message for him to let us know the details. Also my lawyer would talk to INS CSC today, shall let you guys know if something positive comes up.

Sandip

Thanks Sandip

I'll appreciate if you can ask your lawyer whether it's legal to leave the country after applying for the AP.

Actually, I applied for AP for my family in May and the same was approved in June. My family went to India on vacation in July. Their Visa stamping has expired in July and now I am working with a different employer using my EAD. They are struck up there and cannot come with AP. I had planned that once I get the AP in hand I will also go to India and we all can come together. Have re-applied 2 weeks back and am waiting.

I am gathering opinions of people whether it's legal to leave US or not. Cause I have heard that once 485 is approved then the INS does not give you AP. It will be a problem for me then.

Thanks for all your help.

You can leave the country without AP and can send the approval my mail or some other way. But It will be problem if 485 get approved before AP approval. After 485 approval, there is only one way to enter into US, and that is AP.

sandip

I guess if your 485 is approved while your family is in India, you send them their approvals.
They could try going to the consulate to get a temp GC stamp or just use the form to re-enter.

In my case, it was received after 8 weeks from approval date. It was not mailed until 3 days before it was received by me.

May be it was just a coincidence; around 10 days before it was mailed, my lawyer sent a fax ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to get the approval expedited?

Is there any way to get the approval expedited?

If you have a real emergency (and if you can document this), go to local INS office. If they are convince that you really have to travel, they will issue AP.

If 90 days have passed, you can go get AP from local INS without showing proof of emergency.

It does not work this way. Neither of the two options will work.

I guess if your 485 is approved while your family is in India, you send them their approvals.
They could try going to the consulate to get a temp GC stamp or just use the form to re-enter.