Renew TN by mail, need help with I-129

You are supposed to turn in all I-94s (you've made copies, of course).

That is why the info stub (the part beside the I-94 on your I797) should be stapled in the back of your PP and kept, it has all the info need to reissue your new I-94 when you return.

you are supposed to turn in all i-94s (you've made copies, of course).

That is why the info stub (the part beside the i-94 on your i797) should be stapled in the back of your pp and kept, it has all the info need to reissue your new i-94 when you return.

thank you !!!

I have a few detailed questions about extending TN by mail:

1. by reading this thread, it seems that we can fill i-129 online now and mail the copies later, which is basically same as mailing i-129 and all copies together. Am I right?

2. in the past, when we extend TN by mail, we have to do it either by employer or lawyer with employer’s support letter. Is this still same?

3. if yes to 2, do I have to have our HR to sign and mail the letter? Or my boss can do this too? Do I have to include payment with our company check?

4. if no to 2, does this mean I can do everything with employer signed support letter and my personal check?

Many thanks.

1. Yes. The advantage of e-file is that you know your case number instnatly rather than needing to wait for receipt notice.
2. You never 'need' a lawyer. You always need the TN letter from employer.
3. If you e-file, you pay by credit card. It does not matter whose card. For I-129 the check can be from anyone as well. The TN letter has to be signed by someone with hiring authority.
4. Yes. But they need to sign the mail-in I-129. E-file is by credit card.

If anyone has gone through this already and have some experience that can be shared I would appreciate it.

I sent my application through UPS on Monday 23rd expecting to be delivered on Wednesday 25th

Am I supposed to wait until they come back with the final result? or will I get a notification of any kind, like "we got your application please wait"

Regards,

Fernando

You will (or, more correctly, your company will) first receive a receipt notice, which will have your petition number on it. You need a copy of this (a) to then track its progress on the CIS website, and (b) to have as proof that, after your current I-94 expires, you are still maintaining your status.

Then, in a few months, your company will get an approval notice, which they should give to you. It will have your new I-94 attached.