removal of conditions from my Green Card.

kashmeerimunda

Registered Users (C)
here is my story everybody,

sep 2007 got married and applied for temporary GC straight away
took me almost 18 months to get my first GC :(
Mar 2009 received my GC in mail
Mar 2011 is the expiry date of my 2-year conditional GC.
I have hired a lawyer, but my questions are as following.
We have one account together since we got married.
Couple of our utility bills are in both of our names, my car insurance is in my brother's name and her's is on her mom's name. Because I drive my brother's car and she drives her mom's car.
Couldn't get any credit cards, coz I dont have any credit and her credit is messed up.
We went through a fraud interview for our first interview, the whole interview took about 3 hours, they asked us about 100 questions one by one. We aced the test as the immigration officer said that I dont know that much stuff about my husband as you both know about each other. So I guess that left a good experience.
What are the chances about going through the fraud interview again for the removal of condition interview. We probably would ace is again but its just terrifying to think about it, coz anything might go wrong.
Typical timeline for the removal of condition process.

I'll be waiting for your replies people, Thanks. :)

Why aren't you both building your own lives? You drive your brother's car, she drives her mums. Okay in the short them, but I think USCIS usually looks for progression for the 1st evidence provided during the AOS (your temporary green card), to the removal of conditions. You could have opened couple of Macys, Nordstrom and Best Buy cards, just to build credit and show commingling of funds/accounts. Do you guys have the same back account? Do you own a life insurance policy? Whose health care insurance is covering both of you? You should search on this forum, people who have filed for removal of conditions and the evidence attached. When you remove conditions, you want USCIS to adjudicate the case without you appear in front of an immigration officer, solely based on the evidence you send.

When I filed to remove conditions, I send about a 1lb of evidence, when I filed for my naturalization, I send about 1 1/2 lb of evidence, each one showing progression from the first time I filed for a green card to the issuance of my naturalization certificate. USCIS already suspected both of you, less information or joint responsibility for both of you, could result another interview associated with the removal of conditions for your green card.

The Officer interviewing you for the I-751 is guided by the following regulation:

8 CFR § 216.4 Joint petition to remove conditional basis of lawful permanent resident status for alien spouse.

(a) Filing the petition --

(5) Documentation. Form I–751 shall be accompanied by evidence that the marriage was not entered into for the purpose of evading the immigration laws of the United States. Such evidence may include:

(i) Documentation showing joint ownership of property;

(ii) Lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence;

(iii) Documentation showing commingling of financial resources;

(iv) Birth certificates of children born to the marriage;

(v) Affidavits of third parties having knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship, or

(vi) Other documentation establishing that the marriage was not entered into in order to evade the immigration laws of the United States.

The above is ONLY an excerpt from the whole regulation found at: http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/tex...0&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title08/8cfr216_main_02.tpl

Also review the Adjudicator's Field Manual Chapter 25.1 which gives further instruction to the Officer in determing the I-751.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...7e539dc4bed010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&CH=afm

More than likely you will have a interview, with lack of additional evidence as you have explained it looks evident that it will happen, here is few things you can do to make a strong case.
Get a joint secured credit card, it will also help improve your credit.
Get auto insurance yourself as current arrangement will not suffice, maybe that's why you had to go thru all that in the first place.
Gather as much joint assets/insurance etc as you will need it.
With a case like this they are likely to drag out the I-751 hoping you guys will split.
With your previous experience I am positive that you are now aware of the mistakes or lack of documents and should cover all that while you can.
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I also see that USCiS is already using their tactics of giving you a 2 year conditional a little before the 2 year anniversary of your marriage to keep you under their tabs for another 2 plus years.

Why aren't you both building your own lives? You drive your brother's car, she drives her mums. Okay in the short them, but I think USCIS usually looks for progression for the 1st evidence provided during the AOS (your temporary green card), to the removal of conditions. You could have opened couple of Macys, Nordstrom and Best Buy cards, just to build credit and show commingling of funds/accounts. Do you guys have the same back account? Do you own a life insurance policy? Whose health care insurance is covering both of you? You should search on this forum, people who have filed for removal of conditions and the evidence attached. When you remove conditions, you want USCIS to adjudicate the case without you appear in front of an immigration officer, solely based on the evidence you send.

When I filed to remove conditions, I send about a 1lb of evidence, when I filed for my naturalization, I send about 1 1/2 lb of evidence, each one showing progression from the first time I filed for a green card to the issuance of my naturalization certificate. USCIS already suspected both of you, less information or joint responsibility for both of you, could result another interview associated with the removal of conditions for your green card.[/QUOTE]

Dear AL,
I drive my brother's company vehicle, which is in his company's name and the commercial insurance in his company's name as well, we cant afford to buy a car thats why ma lady drives her mom's car and her mom pays for the insurance as well.
About the bills, we have electricity and cable bills together.
Our phones are all under my brother's name, coz he has been a Tmobile customer from almost 10 years and he gets really good discounted price through them, Should I take a copy of that bill even though its in my brothers name, I can still use it to show that we are paying the bill even thought its under his name.
Medical Insurance, I dont have one, coz I cant afford it, simple as that. My wifey and our daughter is covered under her mom's insurance that she gets through her work.
Credit cards, I applied a bunch, but most of them they declined because her credit is not good, I applied on my name only and I got a Keybank CC like 2 months ago, I am gonna put her on my account with me so we can be on that account jointly.
We do have bank account together and have had the same one for over 3 years, even b4 we got married, we have had that account.
Please inform me about other things that you might think off are important,
Thanks alot for the earlier reply as well.

A lawful permanent resident is given the privilege of living and working in the U.S. permanently. Your permanent resident status will be conditional if it is based on a marriage that is less than two years old on the day you are given permanent residence. You are given conditional resident status on the day you are lawfully admitted to the U.S. on an immigrant visa or receive Adjustment of Status. Your permanent resident status is conditional, because you must prove that you did not get married to evade the immigration laws of the U.S. You may apply to remove your conditions on permanent residence.

ok...what a revelation...:(

Last edited by a moderator: