relocating while I485 is still pending

me72

Registered Users (C)
Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if changing your location while 1485 (laid-off after 180 days) is still pending
will effect the process in any way?

I just called BCIS (formerly INS) and the babe there mentioned that they would have to transfer my application to the new service center for that region if I relocate. I dont know if she knew what she was talking about?

Anyone knows for sure?

By the way, she souded really hot, and nice too, weired huh....maybe its the whole INS/BCIS switch ;)

thanks!!

Hi,

I have the same question. If it is transferred will this delay the process and I485 has to start all over again?

BTW, I asssume that if you can maintain an address (a friend's) in the original state and submit an address change form to change to the friend's address, then INS does not know you have relocated to a new state and you could keep the same service center. Can anyone comment on this? One problem I can see is what if the case got RFE.

Yes potentially if your address falls under the jurisdiction of another service center your case may be transferred. Unless you are transferring into TSC i dont see any pitfalls except regular mail delays.
U can use a friend's address.

What is the issue with tranferring to TSC?

I am relocating for Vermont to Texas service center, while my 485 is pending.