Relative invitation for couple of weeks...

muslikcat

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I will graduate from the university next in may 2008 and I wanted to invite my brother for my graduation ceremony. My brother is outside US, in my COP. I am an asylum who got the GC about six months ago. Is it possible to invite him in US for a week or so? Does the fact that his brother has a GC will cause problems for him to get the visiting visa? Did anyone had a similar to mine problem? What should I do in order for him to get a tourist visa? Thanks.

I really don't think it should be a problem. My sister applied for tourist visa after I got my asylum. No problems while getting the visa at the embassy and also no problems at JFK.

I really don't think it should be a problem. My sister applied for tourist visa after I got my asylum. No problems while getting the visa at the embassy and also no problems at JFK.
Did you sister mentioned during interview that she has a relative in US? Can you tell a little bit more about your sisters visa application? What kind of questions she was asked at the consulate. Thanks.

Did you sister mentioned during interview that she has a relative in US? Can you tell a little bit more about your sisters visa application? What kind of questions she was asked at the consulate. Thanks.

Yes, she did. They did not ask much questions. At JFK, no questions at all.