rejected F1 renewal

arorapkj

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My wife is on F1 visa and is a full-time student here. She has valid I-20 which will expire in 2013. Her F1 visa is expiring in May 2012. She went to India to renew it but the visa officer rejected the renewal because I gave my details as her financial caretaker and I have already filed for my GC and working on EAD. My EAD is valid till July 2013. My H1B has already expired. Is there some kind of visa my wife can get and stay in the US legally? She is in US right now.

Thanks..

You are an AOS applicant. Does your wife not have an I-485 in the works?

Hi,
My wife is on F1 visa and is a full-time student here. She has valid I-20 which will expire in 2013. Her F1 visa is expiring in May 2012. She went to India to renew it but the visa officer rejected the renewal because I gave my details as her financial caretaker and I have already filed for my GC and working on EAD. My EAD is valid till July 2013. My H1B has already expired. Is there some kind of visa my wife can get and stay in the US legally? She is in US right now.

My wife is independent from my GC processing because we got married recently. She only has her F1 visa and not associated with my AOS. if am not not wrong, now, I cannot add her in AOS because I have got my I-140 and EAD.

As long as your I-485 has not been adjudicated, she can be added on. You need to do that urgently!!!

My wife is independent from my GC processing because we got married recently. She only has her F1 visa and not associated with my AOS. if am not not wrong, now, I cannot add her in AOS because I have got my I-140 and EAD.